I Am A Craftbrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effect

Hop extract brewer
Reaction score

I love this clip...

Hope you do too.

Last edited by a moderator:
" I don't put corn in my beer....I don't put rice in my beer....everything I put in my beer, I choose because it enhances the flavour."

When a group of American craft brewers says it, it sounds sage and wise. When I say it.....certain people (try to) rip me to shreds for it. :lol: Just remember this video next time I go on an anti-adjunct rant. :lol:

" I don't put corn in my beer....I don't put rice in my beer....everything I put in my beer, I choose because it enhances the flavour."

What a statement. Adjunct beers are no better, no worse, just different. Whoever said that quote needs to hop down off their high horse me thinks.
I dont brew with rice,corn, or many adjuncts but am not against them. Not enough to say something dumb like that. It's funny lurking on the US sites, some of the things that cause heated discussion are a bit laughable in my opinion. Still some good info there though.

I love the "" vid that comes up as a related vid

Im loving this one as well

I love the "" vid that comes up as a related vid

'...the only way to fail as a homebrewer is to quit... '

America, f*** yeah!!

laughably stinks.
Sound like they invented craft brewing.

But then again.... they enjoy it, so I'll laugh with them

mmmmm, the flavour of craft brewing/home brewing
yep Hop me 'til I drop :p

The pointed references to adjuncts like corn & rice is the only thing that lets it down IMHO.
Never used rice, but have always enjoyed the results of maize/ popcorn which has added flavour rather than detracted from it which seems to be inference of their comments.

Cheers,
BB

It's nice to see people like their beer but one thing bugged me. 2:30 the guy didn't even pour the beer.

Yeah, I really don't think it was a literal comment. It's just supposed to be a backhander to AB, who maximise the amount of corn and rice they can put in to minimise cost, and intentionally detract from the flavour. Nobody is arguing the role adjuncts can have on enhancing beer, but that's not how they're used by AB... a subtle distinction maybe, but an distinction all the same.

Dead set, the Yank bashing is incredible. No, they didn't invent beer. No, they didn't invent craftbrewing. But they are an extremely important player in the scene, and just quietly, it's incredibly hard to keep up with the sheer volume of new offerings those guys come out with. Having sat and had a beer with guys like Vinnie Cilurzo, Greg Koch, Adam Avery, Tomme Arthur and Patrick Rue, I'll bet you my left nut that they're not advocating not using adjuncts. Their offerings bely this - they will make beer out of anything, whether it's a known adjunct or not. Anything for the improvement and furthering of beer.

It's a top clip, and it makes me feel incredibly passionate about beer, and reaffirms my intent to support the craftbrewers of the world.

agreed.... May be not to my taste but better but would still promote any new craft brewer.

When a group of American craft brewers says it, it sounds sage and wise. When I say it.....certain people (try to) rip me to shreds for it. :lol: Just remember this video next time I go on an anti-adjunct rant. :lol:

Maybe it's the picnic faucet. :p

*hides*

As I said before It's nice to see other people passionate about beer.

Yeah, I really don't think it was a literal comment. It's just supposed to be a backhander to AB, who maximise the amount of corn and rice they can put in to minimise cost, and intentionally detract from the flavour. Nobody is arguing the role adjuncts can have on enhancing beer, but that's not how they're used by AB... a subtle distinction maybe, but an distinction all the same.

Dead set, the Yank bashing is incredible. No, they didn't invent beer. No, they didn't invent craftbrewing. But they are an extremely important player in the scene, and just quietly, it's incredibly hard to keep up with the sheer volume of new offerings those guys come out with. Having sat and had a beer with guys like Vinnie Cilurzo, Greg Koch, Adam Avery, Tomme Arthur and Patrick Rue, I'll bet you my left nut that they're not advocating not using adjuncts. Their offerings bely this - they will make beer out of anything, whether it's a known adjunct or not. Anything for the improvement and furthering of beer.

It's a top clip, and it makes me feel incredibly passionate about beer, and reaffirms my intent to support the craftbrewers of the world.

+1 Well said, they're not adjunct bashing, only the improper use of them as a cost saving ingredient. And its good to see the homebrewers and the micro's showing some passion about their craft. :wub:

Back