Hyrdo Tube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stebas

Reaction score
Hey guys, needing some help here.
I split the plastic tubing for my hydro, so now when i fill it up, it leaks everywhere! :angry:
I've tried patching it up with silicone, but it still leaks....
Is there anywhere you guys know of where i can buy some plastic (or even gass) tubing or something i can use for a makeshift hydro tube? I've tried bunnings and they got nothing too suitable....

I tried the local HBS but they don't sell stand alone tubes. I don't wnat to buy a new hyrdo, cause my original one if fine...

Please help me out...

Stebas,

Your profile doesn't have your location.
If you are in Sydney the Country Brewer at Thornleigh used to have them.
I know Gerard from Northern Districts Brewing has supplied them to me in the past too.

Beers,
Doc

Lash out and get your-self another complete one.
If we do a Poll on this i bet nearly all of us have broken/smashed and even the one that the 'dog swallowed' , ask 'Beer Slayer'.
You wont regret havin the spare.
:beerbang:

Yeah true.. Cheers guys

Might head on over and get a spare....

Thanks anywayz

You can buy a hydro test jar seperately. If you're in Perth you can get them from TWOC for around $5.

go to a laboratory supply place and buy a 100ml measuring cylinder , they cost

about $15 they have a large base and stand better

Polycarbonate tubing is great if you can buy a short length in the right diameter. Any good plastics place will have it and you can usually buy it in any length you want. Take the cap from your old tube or fashion/glue up a new one and your away.

I use a polycarbonate one and it's great. Strong as hell, will handle the heat (I;ve melted a few hydro tubes in the past). I can probably stand on the bloody thing and it wouldn't break. Love it.

FWIW my sight glasses are made of the same stuff. Great tubing.

Cheers, Justin

Stebas,
can you not tape it up for now..? with some clear packing tape.. to get you through.
then as rod said, search out a 100ml measuring cylinder.. they are perfect for the job.

and as Doc mentioned.. try www.ndbrewing.com.au
as i think Gerard is out your way.

Gerard is actually away on hols for a week. Back next Tues I believe.
I was at the brewshop in North Sydney this arvo picking up some yeast. I think I spyed some out the corner of my eye, but I was in and out. Maybe give Dave a call and ask him if he has some.

Beers,
Doc

homebrewworld.com said:
even the one that the 'dog swallowed' , ask 'Beer Slayer'.

[post="71092"][/post]​

Dunno about swallowed, mebbe chewed for that amusing "poping" sensation!!

Hey Slayer, did you find the weight from the end of it?? :huh:

No Linz

I have seen a bit of glass come out of the rear end but no weight yet. I think he hasn,t fermented down yet. Maybe in secondary!!!! :p

:beer:
BS

At least it will "clang" when you run over the poop with the lawn mower :blink:

Linz said:
At least it will "clang" when you run over the poop with the lawn mower :blink:
[post="71209"][/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or that bit of poop will stand "up-right" just like the hydro used to! :unsure:

Back