Hws Element In Hlt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
I made a manifold to mount a hot water system element in a 50 liter keg.

I used a bit od 316 stainless pipe and some stainless sheet.

I tig welded them together, dummy fitted the element and drilled and tapped the holes

I them cut a hole in the keg and tig welded it onto the keg. If you recon the welding is rough it was a ******* to get at with the tig and im an electrician who is self taught in the art of welding so not to bad i recon B)

I made a cover for it with a cork gasket as it is currently my boiler bit will be a HLT soon

only need a coper coil in there now. thats next :)

cheers

I made a manifold to mount a hot water system element in a 50 liter keg.

I looked in the oven the other day and saw the element in the bottom and thought that could work in a HLT. Just need to rip one out of an old oven.

Its amazing where you can find elements, they just pop up everywhere :blink:

these are only $10 at the local electrical distributor

easy

am going to put a box on it to make it safe.

Im rough but not dangerous...........

nice job Tony, wish I had the skills to do that.

Top work

Andrew

Batz said:
Similar to mine , I used a screw in element and then fitted a J-box over it.

Thermostat is fitted to the front , again in a little j-box
[post="72389"][/post]​

Hey Batz, you don't muck about. I did not see that set-up at the bat cave recently. It looks great. (Even the surrounding). Gotta love that sundial. I must copy, I will, I can, I must. One of these days...Two kegs awaiting my hammer and chisel and I am in the bulk buy for a March pump. It might happen quicker than I think..

Cheers
:beer:
PeterS....

Peter Shane said:
Batz said:
Similar to mine , I used a screw in element and then fitted a J-box over it.

Thermostat is fitted to the front , again in a little j-box
[post="72389"][/post]​

Hey Batz, you don't muck about. I did not see that set-up at the bat cave recently. It looks great. (Even the surrounding). Gotta love that sundial. I must copy, I will, I can, I must. One of these days...Two kegs awaiting my hammer and chisel and I am in the bulk buy for a March pump. It might happen quicker than I think..

Cheers
:beer:
PeterS....
[post="72394"][/post]​

You must have had a few at the brew day Peter :lol:
Those pictures were taken back in the Pilbara , we brewed the Xmas case Alt using that HLT :lol:
With the sundial....you remember the wiper motor stirrer? GMK was there , Banjo?

Batz

Latest posts

Back