Hunter Valley Brewery's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsta

Reaction score
Before i start i'll apologise to those people who are at work on this fine Monday.... But me and the missus are off to the hunter valler the week to do some wine/beer tasting etc... We're staying at the hunter resort (bluetongue brewery) for a few nights then off to Potters Brewery for a few more, Potters sounds like it will be my fav though, im looking forward to the "brewers lunch" followed by..... everything have on tap!!!! :beerbang:

Just gotta pack the car and we're off!!!!!!! :D

Cheers,
Hopsta

What a cheek, bragging about that on a monday morning while I'm at work :p , Have a safe trip and enjoy your brewers lunch. Hope you get some good pics to post too.

Cheers
Andrew

I went and stayed at Potters on saturday night and also did a bit of tasting as BT (i'm really paying for it today...). I really like the Potters Kolsch and the bock is quite nice as well.
I think you should be a little more happy with the BT beers they sell up there rather then the botteld ones you can buy commercially. The IPA and Pilsner are worth trying.

I don't recommend you eat at Potters, its not good. The food at BT looked good though.

n00ch,

What accomodation option did you stay in at Potters. What was the quality of that like ? I'm planning a weekend away sans kids next month :lol:

Beers,
Doc

I stayed in a King villa i think it is. It wasn't bad. It was $240 a night which is pretty rich for what it was but everything around there is pretty expensive.
The room was nice and they have a private courtyard area. If you can get one on the outter areas not near the road i think it would be better. Atleast you have something to look at.

All in all i had a good weekend. I found it pretty hard to get around without driving but it was a saturday.

n00ch said:
I stayed in a King villa i think it is. It wasn't bad. It was $240 a night which is pretty rich for what it was but everything around there is pretty expensive.
The room was nice and they have a private courtyard area. If you can get one on the outter areas not near the road i think it would be better. Atleast you have something to look at.

All in all i had a good weekend. I found it pretty hard to get around without driving but it was a saturday.
[post="76603"][/post]​

$240 p/n unlucky ?? I wouldnt have paid that, we got the king villa for $99 p/n i just had to mention their advertisement special. All in all we had a great week, managed to go wine tasting at 11 vinyards in 1 day with rover tours i highly recommend them. Hunter resort (BT brewery) was great i loved thier Autumn ale and the dark ale. Potters was equally as good the accom was better that BT though. I'll post a couple of pics of their brewery below, hopefully they're not too big....

100_0301.JPG
100_0302.JPG

Hopsta said:
$240 p/n unlucky ?? I wouldnt have paid that, we got the king villa for $99 p/n i just had to mention their advertisement special.

Where is their advertisement listed ? So I can mention it when booking.

Beers,
Doc

Yeah do tell!! I saw them some for $156 a night on teh website but i booked mine for a saturday night only a few days in advance so they wouldn't do it.

This is your lucky day fellas, the advertisment was emailed to me as i am registered on www.huntertourism.com.au/whatshot to receive holiday specials etc... below is the potters special.

"Quality Resort Potters Brewery - Motel & Villa @ Nulkaba
Hunter Valley Escape- mention the Whats Hot Newsletter & stay for only $99 per room per night plus bonus Free Brewery Tour & Beer Tasting. Save $115 Valid Sun-Thurs til 15th Dec 2005 subject to availability. For more information Ph 02 4991 7922, email [email protected] or visit www.pottersbrewery.com.au"

The brewmasters (Luke and Josh) we're great i asked for a sample of their yeast that they use in the Kolsch and was offered a magnum full of it! In the end we were a bit rushed for time and the brewmasters were busy so i didnt get to pick it up.

Happy holidaying :beerbang:

Hopsta

Oops, doc i just noticed in your post you were wanting a w/e away and the special is only valid sun-thur.... doh!

Ah the key bit

Sun-Thurs

I'm looking to go for a weekend (Fri-Sat nights).
Thanks for the info though Hopsta.

Do you know what yeast they use in the Kolsch ?

Beers,
Doc

Yeah they use a wyeast strain they didnt tell me which one though, im only able to get whitelabs locally anyway so i didnt question too much.

Thats still a good price for a weekday stay. Wil keep that in mind.

I was talking to Luke about his Kolsch and he seemed to want to tell me everything thats in it bar which wyeast they use. Can't really blame him I guess.

When I was there in May I'm sure he said he used the 2565 Kolsch yeast - we were talking about it and the 1007 and I'm sure he said it was the 2565. He uses the 2124 Bohemian lager yeast in his lagers.

Shawn.

n00ch said:
I don't recommend you eat at Potters, its not good. The food at BT looked good though.
[post="76566"][/post]​

What was the drama at Potters with the food n00ch?
It was recommended by a few locals that were down our way on the w/e so I planned to check it out tomorrow night.
SWMBO is picking me up from work then we were heading out there for a feed - possibly after paying Mark & Kieth a visit to grab some supplies & fill in a bit of time.
If the BT is better we may try there. How much further (north) is it and is it really worth the extra travel?

[post="76566"][/post]​
[/quote]

What was the drama at Potters with the food n00ch?
It was recommended by a few locals that were down our way on the w/e so I planned to check it out tomorrow night.
SWMBO is picking me up from work then we were heading out there for a feed - possibly after paying Mark & Kieth a visit to grab some supplies & fill in a bit of time.
If the BT is better we may try there. How much further (north) is it and is it really worth the extra travel?
[post="79449"][/post]​
[/quote]

The missus and i ate at potters, no complaints here i thought the food was nice and reasonably priced.
BT is (from memory, which is pretty shot) about 25mins from potters.

I eat there once and the food was really pretty lame. Maybe they were just having a bad night? But i just can't recommend it. To eat i'd recommend going to Harrigans Pub which is about 10 mins into the vineyeards near the Hunter valley gardens. The food there was really nice.
Hopsta is right its about 25 mins east of potters. There food there also looked pretty good btu i didn't try it. If your after a good feed though and your going to BT go to the Mill restaurant. The food there is 10 out of 10. A tad rich for just a casual bite but really really nice. Its only about 100m from BT.

Latest posts

Back