• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Huge custom SS 3v Rig and gear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_robinson

Reaction score
Hi All,

I guess I’ll start this by saying that whilst you may not see many posts from me, I have been a member for about 9 years, and have been following some of the awesome build threads along the way. I feel like I kind of know some of you folk, even though I’ve kept quiet.

In that spirit, I wanted to post here first, before this stuff goes on gumtree.

So… I’ve got some serious kit to sell.

Firstly - to anticipate the usual question - why am I selling. I’m moving into a smaller rental and just don’t have the space. Also I want to brew more often, so having a bigger rig makes that harder unless I drink more ;) As such I’m looking at downsizing to a bench top single vessel type.

Not sure whether I should do separate posts for this gear, but for now I’ll add the big stuff to this one post and figure the rest out later.

I have a custom built all grain, 3 vessel rig (50l,50l,70l) that is setup for automated brewing* or manual, depending on how you want it to work. It’s pretty customisable, and I’d prefer to sell as a job lot (easier), but am willing to split up if there are no takers.

Here is a pic of the rig with most of the bits and pieces:
IMG_2923.jpg

I’ll break down the parts, as there are a lot that aren’t so obvious to see:

• All grain setup. 3 vessels, all using tri-clover connectors, 50L, 50L and 70L. I will typically make a 40-50l batch with this setup, but depending on the style you can make even more
  • HLT (SS)
    • Silver soldered tri-clover ports (4 of)
    • 1 port to allow for automated water filling, herms (not included), or can be plugged
    • 1 port for electric element (2000w, included)
    • 1 port for temp sensor, and
    • 1 port for water out, which includes a dip pipe and a SS butterfly valve
    • Includes a bubbler for automated volume measurement
  • MASH TUN
    • Silver soldered tri-clover ports (3 of)
    • 1 for fill/RIMS/recirc without having to lift the lid
    • 1 for a tem sensor
    • 1 for wort out
    • Includes a SS dip tube and SS butterfly valve on wort out
    • Custom false bottom
    • Custom sparse setup (the best part of the rig - I love this - see photo below)
    • Custom volume dip bar with etched volume markings
    • Includes a bubbler for automated volume
  • Boil Pot
    • Silver soldered tri-clover port (1 of)
    • Can be configured for wort in and out, but I prefer to spare in via the top and I can see the flow better
    • Includes a dip tube and butterfly valve on the wort out
    • Includes a blichmann hop blocker
    • Includes a blichmann brewmometer
    • Includes a custom lid with cutout to allow an immersion chiller to sit in place
  • Rig
    • Custom built rig. I went with a look like a miniaturised commercial setup. Ultra wow factor for the non brewing mates and clean up is really simple.
    • Two 809 March pumps, both with upgraded SS heads. Custom splash shields
    • 2” RIMS tube with 2000w element. Can be configured to be used or bypassed.
    • Four electric valves used for automation, or can be bypassed.
    • A mix of silicone and SS tubing.
    • A sight glass just out of the mash tun for visual inspection of the clarity of the mash before spare
    • Two ports (dump valves) at the bottom of the rig to allow for the release of air, or any excess water in the tubing as well as a sample valve
    • Configured to allow for easy recirculation of the wort with or without rims.
    • Heavy duty castors
    • Able to be fully dismantled (I.e. the vessel stands are removable (see pic attached), the anchors to the piping are also removable as well, meaning that if you wanted to reconfigure (simplify) the setup you can (pic of this also attached)
    • Includes a m monster sized burner (I forget the brand) which has no trouble bringing even the biggest brew to the boil.
  • And lots of spares, and little bits and pieces

Important note:
Due to commercial limitations (sorry), I’m unable to sell the control box, or the software that operates it. This is a shame, as it is pretty fun to watch this thing work all controlled via bluetooth on an iPad.

So how to split this up?

I’m thinking two possibilities. The lot as a package, or everything minus the three vessels and their attachments (as some people may already have the pots, but may want a sweet rig).

Sorry guys, it’s expensive, but I guarantee it’s probably about a quarter of what I originally spent.

The lot: $2400
(You’ll notice this does not equal the sum of the individual prices below. I’ve discounted this to entice a simpler sale)

Just the Rig and associated gear: $1400

If I sell the rig, then I’ll sell the rest at these prices:

HLT & attachments: $350

MASH & attachments: $500

Boil & attachments: $500

I’m located in Canberra - would prefer pickup.

Happy to answer any and all questions.
Ben

IMG_2924.jpg IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2929.jpg IMG_2930.jpg IMG_2931.jpg

I also have a bunch of other gear (fermenters and fridges etc) that are suited to larger scale brewing that I’m looking to shift also, Including a 50l Blichmann conical terminator and a beautiful curved glass front fermenting fridge. PM me if you want details, or I may put up a few separate posts.

Wow, serious rig. Looks like a good deal. good luck with the sale

I also have a bunch of other gear (fermenters and fridges etc) that are suited to larger scale brewing that I’m looking to shift also, Including a 50l Blichmann conical terminator and a beautiful curved glass front fermenting fridge. PM me if you want details, or I may put up a few separate posts.

@mtb - Another fridge!

Oh shit. I well may buy more than just the fridge.

I’d be keen on the March pumps if you split it up

I sent a pm at 12pm about the conical. Just thought I'd mention it here in the public forum.

Hi Ben, I have sent you a pm about the rig and associated great.

Hi All, thanks for the interest. The main rig and vessels are sold pending finances being sorted out. The conical and fridge are still up for sale, and as I mentioned, I have a bunch of other stuff that, I'll post up in the next day or so.

Again, thanks for all of the interest.
Ben

Could you send me some photos of the conical sent you a pm with my phone number

Hey mate, PM me if you still have any large scale equipment for sale.

Very sexy. I'm having my way with it as we speak.

Back