• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Huge all grain brewing collection for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewerswife

Reaction score
Hi, recently my passionate beer brewing husband tragically passed away. He had an amazing brew set up and I would love for it to go to an equally passionate brewer.

Up for sale is a state of the art all grain brew set up which he had custom designed a few years back. Forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge or correct description of items. It is a large stainless steel set up with 3 huge stainless steel pots. It cost over 10K to have made.

There are also 8 stainless steel beer kegs, carbon dioxide cylinders, a whole lot of glass laboratory equipment of various shapes and sizes. And some various attachments/ bits and pieces. I would prefer it all go to one buyer.

Pick up would be from Sydney inner west. Thanks

20170524_152249_resized.jpg
20170524_152234_resized.jpg
20170524_152321_resized.jpg
20170524_152329_resized.jpg
20170524_152309_resized.jpg
20170524_152338_resized.jpg
20170524_152435_resized.jpg
20170524_152447_resized.jpg
20170524_152557_resized.jpg

Hey Brewerwife...try the 'use full editor' option. Works better for photos and file uploads.

Best wishes on the sale.

Brewerswife said:
Hi, recently my passionate beer brewing husband tragically passed away. He had an amazing brew set up and I would love for it to go to an equally passionate brewer.
Up for sale is a state of the art all grain brew set up which he had custom designed a few years back. Forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge or correct description of items. It is a large stainless steel set up with 3 huge stainless steel pots. It ckst over 10K to have made.
There are also 8 stainless steel beer kegs, carbon dioxide cylinders, a whole lot of glass laboratory equipment of various shapes and sizes. I would prefer it all go to one buyer.
I cant seem to work out how to post the photos here (some guidance would be appreciated)
Pick up would be from Sydney inner west. Thanks
If you go to the "more reply options" below the text box, you'll then get the option to upload files.

You'll probably be better off splitting kegs from the tanks,

Kegs (ball lock, ie, without pins on the connections) that hold seal are worth about $70-80 each ($70 if all sold together)

The system we'll have a good look at for you, if you take the measurements of the pots, we'll be able to wort out a volume. Sounds like a 3v system and depending on volume and actual system volume you could get a good dollar for, you'll never get that 10K though sadly, sounds like he was pretty passionate about the hobby and folks can throw some big coin at systems for themselves that they know they will never recover..

If you have trouble, let me know and I'm sure we can assist.

Condolences for your loss.

Jesse

Yob, the pots measure 50cm in height and 50cm in diameter. Yes, it is gas operated.

condolences brewerswife , I'm sure some guys on here will assist you in making sure you get fair value for your hubby's rig

Condolences Brewerswife.
If you ever split this thing up, I'd be interested in the HLT, picture No:3 with the coil inside it.
I'd consider all 3 pots depending on price & freight.
Hopefully though someone will take the whole lot in one go.

My condolences Brewerswife. Very sad to hear. It may be of advantage for you to contact brewing clubs in your area to let them know this is for sale. There are quite a few in and around Sydney. I'm sure one of our Sydneysiders could name a few to get you started.

By the way, that's a pretty amazing setup. Don't let anyone talk you down too far. Hell, the burners are hard-plumbed. Might even make a decent pilot setup for a new brewery.

My condolences for your loss.

Please keep me in the loop - at this stage I'd probably be interested in parts rather than the whole thing. I'm in Sydney and can help with transport or something if it does end up being split across a few local people.

Mardoo said:
My condolences Brewerswife. Very sad to hear. It may be of advantage for you to contact brewing clubs in your area to let them know this is for sale. There are quite a few in and around Sydney. I'm sure one of our Sydneysiders could name a few to get you started.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I've just shared this on Inner Sydney Brewers and Western Sydney Brewers Facebook pages.

My condolences.

Note: some of those pots have beautifully welded ports too.
Easy to use and clean. No weld-less fitting turning in your hand.

Surely someone is after a ready-to-run tried & trusted system ?

Good luck with the sale.

My condolences, Brewerswife. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for this rig but its build thread was one of my inspirations to jump in when I first started reading about home brewing in general and all-grain in particular. It was only about a month ago that I read it through again for ideas about changes to my own system.

Good luck with the sale, I know I'll be envious of the new owner.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/52416-don-burkes-new-brewery/

thuperman, thanks for sharing. mr wibble - he never did anything in halves, everything about it is top notch.

Medo - thanks for sharing that thread!!!! It was lovely to read through! Hubby would be chuffed at the idea that his hard work served as some sort of inspiration for you!

Even if I dont find a buyer, I will be glad that I listed it for sale here, purely for the happiness it has given me to hear all your positive comments, and the generosity of your time to help this non beer drinking brewers wife! Thanks guys!

So sorry to hear of your loss brewerswife - I had met your husband a few times, and he was a lovely chap.

Latest posts

Back