Hub 2010 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HUB 2010 Xmas swap

1. Teninch Topaz APA - Les
2. Adam - Needs a Name APA, OG 1.050, FG 1.010 Bottled 30/11/10
3. Schooey - Shazzam Hefe, 1.055 OG, FG 1.013, WLP300 - You like bananas?
4. Pete's Wicked Ale (American Brown) - It will be green -
5. Muggus - Black Passion Porter - 6.8% US-05 Bottled 1/11/10 - far from green, very intense!
6. Dave Jenkins - Red Light IPA (3.8% English bitter
7. Chris Brice - Little Big Horn IPA (possibly not as hoppy as it should be but drinking well)
8. Dick - Best Bitter - Wyeast 1469PC
9. Cliff - Wherry Xmas (English Bitter)

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

5. Muggus - Black Passion Porter - 6.8% US-05 Bottled 1/11/10 - far from green, very intense!
7. Chris Brice - Little Big Horn IPA (possibly not as hoppy as it should be but drinking well)
10. James - Special Bitter. Sorry but this will be a bit green, bottled today.

Can't do this time, due to moving house. Was a real ******* packing up all that brewing gear... where did it all come from!?

Hope its a good 'un.

Cheers

Jord

I'm waiting to hear back from work to see if i'm working or not on the Sunday.
If I am I may have to palm my case of to someone.
Having said that I'm quite literally around the corner from the Bowlo...maybe I could hand it over to them!?

Yeah, I've also got problems getting there on the Sunday. I gotta fly down to Melbourne in the afternoon. Anyone willing to put their hand up to take care of my entry? I could drop it off at your place on Saturday morning. PM me if you can help.

Cheers
Dick

EDIT: Schooey's able to help me out. Thanks mate.

The planets have aligned, and it appears I will be able to make it to this most momentous of occasions. Just gotta duck down to Sydney to grab my other caseswap beers. :ph34r:
See ya'll Sunday!

Still just the 10 swappers?

I will be going in from Toronto with 2 spare seats and a driver if anyone needs a ride.

See you all on Sunday

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

11. Thomas D - TBC

Can anyone collect Thomas' entry and get it to the swap on Sunday?

Yeah I can, Mick.. from his home or somewhere else?

Happy to report...

IMG_0139.JPG

Mine is ready to drink! //and tasting farking awesome I might add.... Just put it in the fridge when you get home for 48 hours to let the CO2 absorb... My bottle made foam to the neck, but didn't gush, but I only had it in the fridge for 4 hours. Carb level is good and I would advise to fridge, and drink now to avoid excessive carbing/gushers..

Apologies for the crappy iPhone pic... Seeyas all tomorrow!

Can i be a late entry ?
I have 12 bottles of my saison to swap so i'll just bring it and we can see how it goes.

Sorry for the late entry fellas.

11. Thomas D - TBC
12. Brocky - Belgian Saison

8. Dick - Best Bitter - Wyeast 1469PC, 4.4%, Bottled 04-Dec-2010, Should be good to drink after 18-Dec.
11. Thomas D - TBC

Updated details for my entry.

Cheers
Dick

Big thanks to Shmick and his lovely wife Louise (and the other committee guys) for organising the food, drinks and entertainment and the majority of the day today. Pretty safe to say that a great time was had by all. Great to be part of a young club with huge prospects for the future... Hope everyone else had as good of a time as I did and all the best for the festive season to all... :beer:

btw... If you were in the swap, please put my beer in the fridge now and drink soon; it's worth it ... ;)

4. Pete's Wicked Ale (American Brown) - About 5.3% - Give it a week or 2 in the bottle.
8. Dick - Best Bitter - Wyeast 1469PC, 4.4%, Bottled 04-Dec-2010, Should be good to drink after 18-Dec.
11. Thomas D - TBC

Just updated my best before time. Will need a week or 2 to carb up.
Thanks to all who put in effort to make it a great day today.
Much enjoyed!!

P.S. ES Thanks to Dave, Brockie and Schooey for the tasters :lol:

4. Pete's Wicked Ale (American Brown) - About 5.3% - Give it a week or 2 in the bottle.
9. Cliff - Wherry Xmas (English Bitter) - Wyeast Ringwood ,4.9%, Brewed 05/11 Bottled 04/12
11. Thomas D - TBC

+1 to all the positive comments for the day and organisers

Details update on #9, Cliff

Big thanks to Shmick and his lovely wife Louise (and the other committee guys) for organising the food, drinks and entertainment and the majority of the day today. Pretty safe to say that a great time was had by all.

Definitely a +1 from me on this one. I ended up having to "exit stage right" in a hurry due to some over tired kids, so next time I might aim to fly solo so I can spend some more time talking beer and less time chasing kids.

Hope everyone has a good Chrissy, and finds some time to brew (that's what I'm asking Santa for).

Benniee

Big thanks to Shmick and his lovely wife Louise (and the other committee guys) for organising the food, drinks and entertainment and the majority of the day today. Pretty safe to say that a great time was had by all. Great to be part of a young club with huge prospects for the future... Hope everyone else had as good of a time as I did and all the best for the festive season to all... :beer:
Big up to everyone involved in organising it!
Great event, and despite the lack of caseswap entries, good turn out.

Geez that Nirvana went down well too... :D

btw... If you were in the swap, please put my beer in the fridge now and drink soon; it's worth it ... ;)

Mine was in the fridge Monday morning, lucky I opened in near the sink ;) Pretty damn nice beer Schooey.

My beer could do with a couple of weeks to mellow a bit.

Back