Hub 2010 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmick

Reaction score
We will be holding our HUB 2010 Xmas case swap at our end of year BBQ Sunday 12th Dec.

Rules are:
-14 x 750ml bottles or equivalent per entry (a milk crate full)
-Entry numbers to be clearly marked on the cap (as per list below). Labels optional.
-Multiple entries per member accepted (same or different type) - you will get back the same qty you enter.
-Entries will be swapped randomly on the day.
-Strictly no rain-checks/late entries.
-Enjoy :)

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

unlimited

Any rules on green beer ie bottled but not ready to drink on the day?

I'm keen to be part of a case swap for the first time and I'll have a batch of best bitter in the bottle in time but not ready to drink.

I would also have to pass it on to someone to take to the swap as I will be interstate (boo).

Not wanting to stuff everybody around but also keen to be in it.

Alfie

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

1. Teninch Topaz APA - Les

unlimited

Alfie - OK by me. Bitter matures quick. Would be good if carbed too, but only needs to be carbed low.
Hope this helps. Anyone have an objection? Think there was a recommendation that all beer should be ready 2 drink, so will leave this open.

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

2. Needs a Name APA - Adam

unlimited

Like Les I'm happy to accept green beer especially as this is only 2 weeks away. (I realise most have known it was on a couple of months ago)

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

3. Schooey - Shazzam Hefe, 1.055 OG, FG 1.013, WLP300 - You like bananas?

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

4. Pete's Wicked Ale (American Brown) - It will be green -

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

5. Muggus - Black Passion Porter - 6.8% US-05 Bottled 1/11/10 - far from green, very intense!

Any rules on green beer ie bottled but not ready to drink on the day?

I'm keen to be part of a case swap for the first time and I'll have a batch of best bitter in the bottle in time but not ready to drink.

I would also have to pass it on to someone to take to the swap as I will be interstate (boo).

Not wanting to stuff everybody around but also keen to be in it.

Alfie

Just whack it in, Alfie.... I'll deliver it for you.....:D

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

2. Adam - Needs a Name APA, OG 1.050, FG 1.010 Bottled 30/11/10
5. Muggus - Black Passion Porter - 6.8% US-05 Bottled 1/11/10 - far from green, very intense!

I hadn't bottled a full batch for well over 2 years now. Man I like kegs.

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

6. Dave Jenkins - Red Light IPA (3.8% English bitter

Bottled mine this arvo also... Man! This is the best Hefe I have ever brewed; I drank a glass out of the fermenter...banana and bubble gum on the nose, great balance of banana and clove on the palate... Can't wait until it's carbonated!

Come on guys, jump in already.... otherwise if there's only 7 swappers, we'll swap two each

Have a keg of it for the swap day too... :D

I would love to be in this one guys, but I'm totally unprepared for it.

I did my first bit of brewing last weekend - it was the first brew in over 3 months.

But I will be at the swap with a few scattered bottles to taste/share with others.

Benniee

I might have a kit & kilo wheat beer ready dry hopped with nelson sauvin and fermented with wyeast 1010 it might be worthy but i'll just hold off until i know more ( its still in the fermenter !). I'll try to redeem myself after the last abomination of a beer

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

7. Chris Brice - Little Big Horn IPA (possibly not as hoppy as it should be but drinking well)

HUB 2010 Xmas swap

7. Chris Brice - Little Big Horn IPA (possibly not as hoppy as it should be but drinking well)
8. Dick - Best Bitter - Wyeast 1469PC

I wont be able to make it this time. Will only get back from Perth on the Saturday and wont have enough time to bottle before sunday. I will try to drop in on the sunday though

Same here, can't make this one. looking at the start of the list I am very dissapointed I will miss out.

Steve

I'm out too, bummer cos the lineup looks good. I've been way too flat out to brew for this and I suspect I won't make the swap day either. Have a good one.

Scott

Are you guys going to make it into MHB before the end of the year? I still owe you both a bottle from the last swap... I can leave it there for you to collect if you wish; take your pick, Hefe or IIPA

I bottled 28 anticipating this filling up twice. :(

Back