Howdy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haff

Reaction score
Hi All. New canberra based home brewer here checking in.

My girlfriend got me a homebrew kit about 5 years ago and I am only now getting it into use. Got my first batch in the fermenter right now and am planning my next attempt already. First off I went for a kit brew and used the Black Rock American Pale Ale kit - added some grains just because I wanted to at least tinker with something. Figured I'd start with a kit just to ease into the process. Plan to move to an extract brew next time round - just need to settle on what to brew! Any recommendations welcome! I know I should brew what I like to drink but I like them all! Would love to give all grain a try but the time commitment is just beyond me at the moment as I have a young son and a second on the way.

Again a warm welcome Haff. Don't leave your brew in the fermenter for 5 years . Let us know how your first brew turns out. You bottling at this stage or kegging?

Welcome mate. Good luck with 'settling' on a brew. There's an endless list of ideas around. Great hobby to have whenever time permits! All the best. Like Grott said give us some updates as you progress your brew!

Again a warm welcome Haff. Don't leave your brew in the fermenter for 5 years . Let us know how your first brew turns out. You bottling at this stage or kegging?

Bottling but have been eyeing off some kegs. Resisting the urge to splurge on everything though. Will just take it slow and amp up over time. I will probably buy a decent size pot though.

Welcome to the slippery slope Haff.

Don't forget to check out the extract calculator on the site. Super handy for all calculations.
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/kit-and-extract-beer-spreadsheet.29655/

For your next beer maybe go simple with a Pacific Ale.

Thanks for the link and the beer suggestion. I wouldn't mind something a bit more adventurous given I have a fairly standard pale ale on the go - but then maybe something comparible would be good to see the difference between the kit and extract.

Wouldn't mind a neipa or a sour but I guess I should walk before I run.

Latest posts

Back