Howdy People...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuke

Reaction score
I've been a long time out of the hobby, started distilling a good few years ago and between that and life getting in the way I've been really slack on the beer making...

I've decided to get back into it as I've really taken a liking to some of the IPA's (Pirate Life and Ballast Point especially) on the market nowadays, but 2 things - their cost and my want to experiment with the hops - has driven me back to the hobby.

I am amazed how much things have changed in the 15 or so years since I was last really active, I guess that the whole craft brewing thing has become the monster it is in that time though - hence my interest in getting involved again I guess.

I'll do my best to research before I ask silly questions but please be gentle, I feel like a beginner again, albeit somewhere just north of 50 years old!!!

Hi Zuke and welcome, agree with the research before asking a question, not the questions that are silly, sometimes the answers are.:)

It’s an exciting time for home brewing and craft beer in general, particularly hoppy beers, so welcome back mate. Also I have good word that Ballast are entering the Australian draught market, it’s a good time to be a fan of sculpin or big eye!

Back