How to stop burner from cranking concrete?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstrelan

Reaction score
I have an Italian Spiral Burner that I boil 50L or so in directly on top of concrete floor and it seems to do damage to the concrete. What's the best way to avoid this?

I have used a sacrificial concrete tile in the past which ended up breaking. What about some sort of metal sheet, or even better, a stand or bench? What should I be looking for and where can I get it from?

TIA

Piece of villa board will do the trick, just keep it dry, if its wet it will form steam under the surface (concrete will to) these can build up enough pressure to explode small chunks of fibro all over the place.
Any job site/hardware store... should turn up a piece, just make sure it isn't old enough to be made of asbestos.
Mark

Build a stand to get it a foot or so off the floor
Mine is built from a 16" 4WD rim and 3 legs made of angle iron and 2 strips of angle across the top to sit my keggle on
Cut a slot in the side of the rim to put the inlet of the burner in and bobs your uncle
Like this

EApQK.jpg

Latest posts

Back