How To Randallize Jayses Skunk Fart Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
guys
for those who have brewed jayses skunk fart ipa and have found it lacking in something :lol: ha ha ha

have a look at how to fix it. randall the enamel animal to the rescue.

http://www.dogfish.com/bargame.cfm

the mind boggles :blink:

What an awesome looking piece of kit.
Great concept of getting those aroma hops in on the way from the keg to the tap.
It isn't stainless and shiney but I still think I'd love to have one sitting there. Great talking point.
Maybe if I lived next door to the NZ Hop board and could get the dropped hop flowers :D

Doc

I wonder how many beers that would be good for. And how beer number 100 tastes compared to beer number 1. Nice little project for you guys with keg setups B)

going to the us next month and have heard alot of good things about this.
apparently DFH was nice enough to sell a few of these to bars around the country and i know of one about two hours away from where i will be that got one (yippee!!!) now ot convince t=my wife that we really need ot go there. if im lucky enough to get to try it out, ill report back on how it works. that is if i can remember my name when im done!!
joe

organoleptic hop transducer module.
mmm.... a hop back for the beer tap.
I have another more full on way. You could make it use liquid butane.
like you can do to make hash oil from weed with butane.
just put your glass of beer underneath and burst the butane through as soon as the butane comes out the other end it would dissapear to the air and you would get the hop oils extracted and coming into your glass.
Dare me to build it?

otherwise i could just hook the hop back up to the beer tap somehow.
the dogfish IPAs' have more alc than mine though so i don't no how good the extraction would be for mine.

cheers jayse

I have access to a filter housing so I will set one up when I get back to Adelaide and try it out. Might have to be during big d's visit.

C&B
TDA

By the time Bigd leaves will all have tormenting deasese from too much hop oil.
I can't wait.

Jayse

guys i have something in mind that is like a smaller version.when i get my grubby hands on it i will post a pic.
its basically an inline water filter that looks the same but smaller than the randall.
i will set it up for connection and will bring it down with me to adelaide.
any takers???
trial runs etc.

cheers
big d

ps it wont be making the journey back with me.
a gift to adelaide brewers hospitality.

Surely a corny keg would do the trick. A scrubby or SS on the end of the pickup tube.

PS forgive me for asking the obvious, but what are leaf hops?

Sosman (Son of Sam)man.

leaf hops are the fresh flowers straight from the vine.
the corny will be too big we just want a small thing to service a few pints not a whole village.
But yes one of these would be easy to make.
it looks like TDA and bigd are both gunna make one.
Now i just have to makl a beer with enough alcohol to make it work like the dogfish one.

jayse

bugger the alcohol i just wanna od on hop juice/aroma :rolleyes: ha ha ha

more pics of randall in action

randall__1.jpg

ok who wants to strip the enamel off there teeth

randall___3.jpg

no wheres the pic of the fight for the last half a pint.

swmbo says...you have had enough of jayses and big d,s weird hop head ale so shut the f#*k up you pair of eeddjjeets.and not another word outa the both of ya.
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: ooohhh ok then

fight_girl.jpg

Are you gunna put double the amount of hop blend at flame out?
i am for sure

Back