Quantcast

How To Post A Gallery?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
I have tried a few times to start a gallery, but I can't. I have downloadwd the applet but when I try to upload the pictures it won't resize and says there is a file missing or image magick is faulty, it then tries to upload without resizing and says user doesn't have access (or something like that).

Can any one help this fool as I don't have much hair left.
Regards
Andrew

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Andrew I had a lot of trouble with the Java thing, I think there is an option to use just a web form to upload and this works fine for me. Try that and see if it works.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Andrew
Don't use the applet thingy , just a headache that , go to the options and select web

Batz

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Batz and Jasony,
thanks for the helpbut I am still lost,

I go into my album and in the drop down menu I clic on add photo, I then get a pop up which automatically starts the aplet, I can override this by clicking on one of the other tabs eg URL, Other, ect but no matter what way I try when the pic is uploading I get an error " upload error, user cannot add to album".

Is it me or the site that is having problems???

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
You need someone with more know how than me Andrew , someone about 12 years old I guess

If any computer stuff works for me it's luck

Batz

dane

Reaction score
AndrewQLD said:
Batz and Jasony,
thanks for the helpbut I am still lost,

I go into my album and in the drop down menu I clic on add photo, I then get a pop up which automatically starts the aplet, I can override this by clicking on one of the other tabs eg URL, Other, ect but no matter what way I try when the pic is uploading I get an error " upload error, user cannot add to album".

Is it me or the site that is having problems???
I'll have a look when I get home AndrewQLD, I haven't tested the gallery since the server move so there may be some issues.

I will keep you posted.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Thanks Dane
I will look forward to your reply, but when you get home relax and have a brew first.

Cheers
Andrew

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I haven't tested this since the forum move, but this is the process I use to upload pictures as it is the quickest and less hassle.

Put all the photos you want to upload into a directory.
Rename each file with the description for the photo remembering to leave the extension (eg. .jpg).
Create and add all the photos to a .zip file.
Create your Gallery in the Gallery.
Select add photos.
Select the Form tab.
Select the drop down box to upload one file only.
Browse and find your .zip file with the photos.
Make sure the "Use filename as caption if no caption is specified" is selected.
Select "Upload Now"

All you photos will be added and have nice descriptions.

Beers,
Doc

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Hi Doc,

I gave your method a try and it still woulnd'nt work, I will wait and see what Dane comes up with.

Thanks again for the help.

Andrew

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
if it helps andrew it has given me problems as well.ive tried a few times and now dont bother.
will try again one day.last time it suggested i add some photos which i tried but it didnt want to know me.

cheers
big d

dane

Reaction score
Looks like the server move has broken the upload stuff. I will let you know when it is fixed.

Latest posts