How to mount thermowell when using gladwrap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try a flat bar2 or 3 mm thick and 30 or 40 mm wide with a 90 degree bend at each end with a hole drilled thru to accommodate the thermo well and hang it over the vessel. Then cut some tape to stop it moving and glad wrap over to seal.

Just a thought and that way you don't damage the vessel and can throw out if no longer required.

Any sheet metal company could cut this out of stainless steel for $5.00 max.

I use the stainless steel probe it's a bit more expensive but comes with the cable and it just dangles in the wort from above with half the probe submerged and some sticky tape holding the cable on the outside.i know it doesn't solve your problem but it might give you ideas? ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1451290668.710814.jpg

Yeah issue is the probe slides into the thermowell, and the thermowell just slides off. Considering using superglue to stick it in there

I use a diptube sealed up one end as a thermowell and use a plastic cable gland from Jaycar jammed on the open end to secure the probe inside it. If your thermowell is the same width as a diptube maybe give that a go. Could even glue it on

Latest posts

Back