How To Make Vegemite

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what a single judgement in an amateur experiment is worth, I was a blind taster of a bit of Vegemite and a bit of Marmite, each on a piece of toast. I'd never had either and had not acquired the taste in youth. My slight preference was the Marmite, but for me that was like choosing menudo over haggis, and I haven't wanted either since.

About umami foods like Vegemite and Oxo, I have a true story. Our house in PNG was burgled, but for some reason the "rascals" fled without taking much. In the bush they left a newly opened and partly drained bottle of soy. Presumably someone took a swig.

That's raskols for ya, I was in Moresby for 10 yrs, I can't tell any stories because nobody believes what I say, guess it's just one of those things you have to experience to understand, land of the unexpected indeed. Lukim yu.

That's raskols for ya, I was in Moresby for 10 yrs, I can't tell any stories because nobody believes what I say, guess it's just one of those things you have to experience to understand, land of the unexpected indeed. Lukim yu.
Gutpela arapela wantok bilong aussiehomebrewer.

Back