How To Make Pregnant Wives Love Your Homebrewing Hobby

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shed101

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Put your red hot cube in the bed as a hot 'worter' bottle.

Noice.

My pregnant wife doesn't like the smell. I just don't get it.

Put your red hot cube in the bed as a hot 'worter' bottle.

Noice.

Isn't that what the wife is? Human incubator, incubating a human.

My pregnant wife doesn't like the smell. I just don't get it.

They don't like the damn smell of anything. Mine still dry reaches at the smell of certain things that she threw up (which was pretty well everything) when she was pregnant.

Goomba

Isn't that what the wife is? Human incubator, incubating a human.

They don't like the damn smell of anything. Mine still dry reaches at the smell of certain things that she threw up (which was pretty well everything) when she was pregnant.

Goomba

Mine loves the smell, loves the taste and hasn't thrown up in pregnancy.

Why are they so damn inconsistent? :lol:

Yea. Treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen frightened

Pregnant wife???

I can't even get my NON pregnant wife to love my homebrewing hobby.....

During the induced labour of our boy (now 10 months old), things died off for a few hours.
I hinted to the missus that "Gee, a beer would really calm my nerves right now..." The good lady sent me home to grab a few coldies and some ice. I ducked out a few times for a JSGA whenever I she would get a contraction. What a good girl she is. :D

The trick is to get them to like the hobby before you get them pregnant. Fourth time round and mine is still throwing up at the drop of a hat. :icon_vomit:

Thinking about pregnancy and brewing reminds me of the last time she went into labour. She woke me up in the middle of the night standing in the door way and said "Oh no babe I'm all wet". Sh*t I thought the fermenter has fallen off the bench and flooded the house, doctor pissed himself a couple of hours later when I told him the story.

You mean if my her our worter breaks :unsure: :beerbang:

:lol: :lol:

Funny eh! before, they can't stand the smell of all sorts of good smelling stuff, then after the smell of baby shit doesn't bother em.

Screwy

My not pregnant wife still hates the smell of my brewing my wort and my beer. I just don't get why not. :rolleyes:

I took my missus to the USA for 2 months. She was sick the whole way round. I've got some cracking shots of her at famous landmarks looking like shit. She also had no interest in the National Homebrew Conference and Oregon Brewers Festival. Both of which were planned as extended stops on the trip.

She may not love my hobby, even when she's not pregnant. But she realises I do and copes with that fact.

Latest posts

Back