How to make a mead into a melomel?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's Brew Beer

Let's Brew Beer!
Reaction score
Hey Crew, Just in the middle of making my 2nd mead (made the first one 4 years ago!). My question is as follows:- Having added 1.5KG of clover honey to 3L of water for an OG of 1.084. I plan on giving it another week to ferment out and then transfer the mead over to another carboy with 500g of frozen blueberries (gonna be a tight squeeze) Is it worth adding a clearing agent or anything of this nature to the mead before transfer? also, is it nessasary to kill off the yeast before transfering onto the frozen blueberries? its been so long since i made a mead i forgot what comes when. cheers.

Hey Crew, Just in the middle of making my 2nd mead (made the first one 4 years ago!). My question is as follows:- Having added 1.5KG of clover honey to 3L of water for an OG of 1.084. I plan on giving it another week to ferment out and then transfer the mead over to another carboy with 500g of frozen blueberries (gonna be a tight squeeze) Is it worth adding a clearing agent or anything of this nature to the mead before transfer? also, is it nessasary to kill off the yeast before transfering onto the frozen blueberries? its been so long since i made a mead i forgot what comes when. cheers.
Do yourself a favour, jump on YouTube and search up City Steading[emoji108]

Latest posts

Back