How To Clean A Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlegger

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals

I have just received these fonts from ebay.
they are pretty mucky oustide and internally, just wondering whats the best agents to use to clean the outside? I was thinking of soapy water followed by bleach or something?
Anyone got some tips for me?

I was just going to clean the internals with my keg & line cleaner?

Cheers!
Andy

IMG_0822.jpg

Hey guys/gals

they are pretty mucky oustide and internally, just wondering whats the best agents to use to clean the outside? I was thinking of soapy water followed by bleach or something?

Cheers!
Andy

View attachment 37768

I'd give the whole think a day in really hot Napisan (other Sodium Percarbonate Oygen based cleaners are available)
That way you won't overkill anything.
Then see what you're dealing with (you might find it has done a better job than you think)

i wouldnt bother cleaning the lines and just put new ones on.
i just changed the ones on the fonts i got, pretty easy and to do cheap also.

cheers,

stewart

new lines, and PBW or nappisan and some brasso or the like.

Hey guys/gals

Cheers!
Andy

View attachment 37768

if you are going to replace the beer line, dont do what i did and just pull it out.
its a pain in the arse feeding it back through if you do it that way.
get some duct tape and attach the new line the end of the old one the pull it though.
if i'd thought about it before i did my first one it would have saved me a fair bit of time.

cheers,

stewart

you do know the caps on the side and top came off ?
if you are going to replace the beer line, dont do what i did and just pull it out.
its a pain in the arse feeding it back through if you do it that way.
get some duct tape and attach the new line the end of the old one the pull it though.
if i'd thought about it before i did my first one it would have saved me a fair bit of time.

cheers,

stewart

mine is a lot different than that, but it still does come apart, but being 25 or so years old i'd rather not.
you also risk damaging it as its not going to come apart that easy like most things that have been done up for 25 years...

The end and top caps come off this one, i have it apart now, soaking.

Will be easy as, to thread the new line thru as its all open, will attach pics tomorrow when i put it back together
basically ill push the new line thru the holes where the snap lock connectors fit on, then feed it down the tower of the font....

Back