How The Russians Deal With Pirates...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
You know those emails that friends send you? Usually a poorly animated cartoon joke that you've seen 1000 times before? Well I finally got something I haven't seen before...

From the email:
This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker.

The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own pirate ship,

searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hanged.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

-BD

It is hard to argue with such logic but I dunno how cool I am with military extrajudicial executions.

Of course this whole thing could be a fake. The edit before the explosion is rough as and a quick google has no reputable source talking about this - only that a Russian Naval ship recently sent Somali pirates out on a lifeboat without supplies or navigational equipment and left them. That is ultimately the same thing though.

It is hard to argue with such logic but I dunno how cool I am with military extrajudicial executions.

Of course this whole thing could be a fake. The edit before the explosion is rough as and a quick google has no reputable source talking about this - only that a Russian Naval ship recently sent Somali pirates out on a lifeboat without supplies or navigational equipment and left them. That is ultimately the same thing though.

It's pretty tough to know what is real and what isn't these days, nothing can confirm it more than a quick google of ufo vids. Some people have captured some pretty freaky stuff, or they are great with software.

Latest posts

Back