How Often Do You Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Often Do You Brew?

• On average 1-2 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On average once a week

• On average once a fortnight

• On average once a month

• On average a couple of times every 6 months

• It's been so long I can't remember how

• Whenever I get the chance

• As soon as a keg/enough bottles are available

• As soon as there is a empty fermenter

• Other - Please post in the associated forum topic

• Total voters

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
On average 1-2 times per week
On average once a week
On average once a fortnight
On average once a month
On average a couple of times every 6 months
It's been so long I can't remember how
Whenever I get the chance
As soon as a keg/enough bottles are available
As soon as there is an empty fermenter

I'd say on average once a fortnight. Once winter kicks in I hope it'll be once a week :)

Brewing in the last couple months has been more like once every 3 weeks, as I have to time things carefully to the weather so I'll get at least 4 days of low-ish temps for primary fermentation. I'm going to put a brew on saturday early evening, as the temp for sunday-tuesday is supposed to be mid-high 20's in Perth :) Means I should be able to keep the fermenter at 20 or so (given the lower temp indoors, and towel/fan).

Got to remember to pop the wyeast smack pack when I get home today ..

I tend to brew once a week on average.
I try to keep all fermenters full, so then the only bottle-neck is usually having a keg to put the brew into (even though I have 5). I would get more but don't have the fridge space.
However this does mean that the beer gets a couple of weeks to mature in the keg before it gets drunk which is always good.
Having said all that I put down a 45 litre batch last night, and bottled a cider today (I only bottle ginger beer and cider). I'm also planning on brewing an all grain batch this Saturday (Belgian Wit).
But then everything will be full again, so probably no new brews for a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Doc

Doc said:
I try to keep all fermenters full, so then the only bottle-neck is usually having a keg to put the brew into (even though I have 5). I would get more but don't have the fridge space.
Do kegs need to be stored in the fridge after theyve been racked from secondary? Or is it OK just to burp them with CO2 to expell any air and leave them storing at room temperature ?

I have seen discussions based on both sides of the argument.
I have found that my kegged beer is better if stored cool than just sitting at ambient temps.
I used to have to store some kegs at ambient temps, but have recently scored another cheap fridge which means I can keep them chilled.
Once I keg a beer I also force carbonate it straight away (once it has cooled down of course). I then store it in my other fridge until it is time for it in the keg rotation.
I recently saw a thread on HBD about kegging your beer burping/purging it then storing it in the fridge for the lagering process.
Then carbonate it when lagering is finished.

Cheers,
Doc

I try to brew each week. I've just started brewing lagers - given the longer turnaround time I'm looking at having a lager on go while also brewing an ale. I love the process of brewing so I just have to be brewing while waiting for the lagers - a lovely mix of ales and lagers should be just the ticket.

cheers
reg

One of the fringe benefits associated with running a brew shop is the fact you always need to have one (or five) brews fermenting at any given time as "demo's" for the customers. I also have to keep the keg fridge filled with "samples" for the same reason (honest). Unfortunately, this generally means I have more beer than I can handle, although certain friends and relatives don't seem to mind.
Another benefit is that I do all my brewing at work, so SWMBO doesn't get annoyed by the rows of bubbling fermenters.

Cheers (sorry for skiting :p),
Pete

:chug:

Latest posts

Back