• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

How Not To Start A Brew Night

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

troopa

Reaction score
No.1 Dont start when sick
No.2 Dont brew after sitting in the Monash carpark for 1 hour tearing your hair out wandering why the traffic isnt moving(For those out side of melbourne its a main freeway out of the city) Its seems to aggravate me a little
No.3 Dont start when sick
No.4 Dont start the BLOODY ELECTRIC KETTLE WITH NO WATER IN IT .... DUMBARSE :angry:

Oh well time for a cold a flu tablet and a few ciders... that will fix me up
YAY another trip to Kegking for a new element. Damnit i was just there yesterday

Anyone else got anything to add :lol:

ekul

Reaction score
Sounds like the beer gods need appeasing.

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
Yep, don't fill the HLT at 9:30 pm with a gut full of piss thinking you'll be done by 1 am.....

Ryan WABC

Reaction score
Don't start brewing while on-call for work. I got called in Friday night mid-session.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
Yep, don't fill the HLT at 9:30 pm with a gut full of piss thinking you'll be done by 1 am.....
tried this once..... FAIL

Don't start brewing while on-call for work. I got called in Friday night mid-session.
Also got done with this a couple times...... I changed jobs so im not on call :p

mikec

Reaction score
Scotch is my tried and true remedy for killing a cold before it gets out of hand.
Drink scotch, now.
Then drink at least 3 more.

You'll thank me tomorrow.

bradsbrew

Who's up for a pint?
Reaction score
I done something similar except it was mid afternoon and I was hammered when I decided a brew was a good idea. Long story short, I woke up on the floor of the beer room with slayer playing seasons of the abyss on repeat and feeling very seedy I was quite chuffed when I seen the brew no chillin in the fermenter. Beer was good.

Cheers

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
I almost made liquid malt extract once. About a 75% boil off ratio.

Beer was delicious after a healthy fermenter dilution - certainly no DMS issues.

Don't brew and have "sleepytime cigarretes". That's the rule.

Fish13

Reaction score
I almost made liquid malt extract once. About a 75% boil off ratio.

Beer was delicious after a healthy fermenter dilution - certainly no DMS issues.

Kog

Is that you?

S

stuart13

I'm beginning to understand the source of some of your more off-beat threads...

Sleepytime

Roll two bags before bed.

Edit:

Then I read your post:

"I fermented a FWK that was 18 months old and my face went numb, then I stopped breathing because my lungs shut down."

in the Oldest cube thread, and realised the problem. You have been rolling two packets, not bags...

poggor

Reaction score
MONASH! i was at monash hospital all day trying to plan my brew night. hopefully this weekend

good luck hombre!

g

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
coz I sleep at night, So I cant brew in my sleep. Although if I could that would be awesome I wouldnt get in trouble for brewing all the time

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
I done something similar except it was mid afternoon and I was hammered when I decided a brew was a good idea. Long story short, I woke up on the floor of the beer room with slayer playing seasons of the abyss on repeat and feeling very seedy I was quite chuffed when I seen the brew no chillin in the fermenter. Beer was good.

Cheers
That is gold, Brad!

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
I once,

Brewed a batch, 4 cubes, drinking, and after draining the MT thought **** it, I could run another batch here...

So, long story short - spent about 10 hours in the brewery, remember the first 6 - Next day had filled 8 cubes.

Next morning, wake up, very shady. have to let the dogs out, and walk through the 'brewery' [Downstairs] and there they are '8' cubes - everything else cleaned up and all put away....

First thought, and no shit, first thought was - 'Did SWMBO do a brew?..."

HAHA.

Not proud but it happened.

Beer is rad.

2c.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
I once,

Brewed a batch, 4 cubes, drinking, and after draining the MT thought **** it, I could run another batch here...

So, long story short - spent about 10 hours in the brewery, remember the first 6 - Next day had filled 8 cubes.

Next morning, wake up, very shady. have to let the dogs out, and walk through the 'brewery' [Downstairs] and there they are '8' cubes - everything else cleaned up and all put away....

First thought, and no shit, first thought was - 'Did SWMBO do a brew?..."

HAHA.

Not proud but it happened.

Beer is rad.

2c.

Its reasons like this I'm a morning brewer, finished by lunch, drunk by dinner.

JD

Latest posts