How Much Power Does A March Pump Draw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
just wondering how much power a march pump draws, i misplaced the specs sheet for my pump.

i want to know how many amps it draws.

will i be able to run a 2.4 kw heater as well as the march pump at the same time, this is off the same circuit.
fergi

plus without knowing the amps of your circuit and what runs of it, its hard to say :p if its just the element and the pump and its a 15A circuit cant see a problem but if your misses goes OH! I will have a cup of tea and your running your brewery and a few fridges then that is a problem

Unless it's a really old place with actual fuses, you should find that the smallest circuit breaker/RCD you will have for a power circuit would be a 16A one. Running an element and pump will be no issue, assuming things like a microwave/kettle/toaster aren't on the same circuit, and aren't running at the same time.

If your breaker trips, you're obviously drawing too much current.

If in doubt, consult a qualified electrician...

Cheers

I'm running my brewery with a standard 10A supply. I think the fuses trip out at 15A though.
I have a MashMaster controller, PID controller, March pump & a 2400watt element all on at once. No tripping at all, no hot mains wire or scorching marks around the wall socket.
I'm defiantly pulling more than 10A.

My March pump has .7amps on it.

I just noticed it says to oil once a year with a SAE20 oil, I assume my engine oil would be ok, it is Castrol Edge 10w60

Grab some 3 in 1 machine oil Kev.
Much lighter grade than your car oil & cheap as chips.

My March pump has .7amps on it.

I just noticed it says to oil once a year with a SAE20 oil, I assume my engine oil would be ok, it is Castrol Edge 10w60

if you could be so kind as to take some photos when you do your grease & oil change, it would be much appreciated

thanks

It'll work fine on a 10A circuit under full load with extra stuff running on the circuit with it.
I run a 2400W element with the march pump, kegerator, chest freezer (from one double 10A point).. plus a few other bits and bobs on one circuit. I run another 2400W element on the other circuit (atleast, I think it's on the other circuit).. and the wifey still does stuff inside (tv, kettle, microwave, blender, etc). I never had a problem.. its a new house though.

I did throw an RCD once though when making smoked bacon with a 30W soldering iron though.. <_<

Latest posts

Back