How Much Did You Brew In 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
280L into the fermentor over 7 brews. I'd put 12L lost to yeast, so 268L consumed and not all by me.

I would have got to 2000L :rolleyes:, but I did dry July this year, so....

Well I just laid down 18L of best bitter this morning. If I keep up this rate throughout 2018 I'll end up brewing 2190L.

23 batches @ 23l each = 530lish

Thats pretty scary to calculate... I would have given away some, but maybe 50l max.

Despite that, I don't plan to brew any less, I ******* love it!

11 batches 20 to 23l each so say 240ish L

I did buy a house in May so had a month before moving and month after with no brewing.also a few too many stretches with the fermenter empty as I was busy

need to slash my commercial beer budget this year to save some $ for house upgrades so need to step up that yield

lets see 15 batches at around 21-22 Litres per batch puts me at 315 Litres.

I believe I've done 24 batches at ~21L each.
So around 510L, I'd say.
OTOH, I think my maximum drinking volume guesstimate would be ~300L for the year, so apparently I've dished out 100-200L of beer to the public. I'm a charity!!

Numbers are just that, and for me prolly around - 4-500L but was short of a pale or quaffa a few times. I aim to stay ontop of that this year, have more taps, and presure ferments close up brew lengths.

Most importantly, 2017 was the year I made the change from single batches to double batches! So that's 2 x 19L x 8 brewdays... 304L, which also stacks up pretty well against me having 1-2 pints every night.

So the tally I have is 854L in my brew book some of that was collaboration brewing with a mate so he probably took 120L or there abouts with him. I have taken some kegs into work with me for Friday arvo beers but still a very solid effort. Never the less didn't come close to grott. I only have around 4 half full kegs so probly 40L not consumed.

By my records I didn't get a brew day will the 6/2/17 but on that day I got 146L to make up for it.

Just doing kits and bits some 3Kg grain additions to 50L brews but that's as far as I've gone.

I'm sure in years to come in will give you a solid run for your money mate hahahahaha

851 litres a 37 x 23 l batches, just a bit short on last years effort.all consumed in my neighborhood
Having a son just come back from University in Minnesota USA, with a renewed taste of IPA's and other Ales is going to put pressure on my supplies in 2018. on a positive note he is real keen to learn how to brew.

Santa gave me a 60L fermenter last Christmas so I doubled my batch size for 2017. As a result I brewed an average of 45L every other week or so. So hovering around the 1,000L mark roughly.

I drink about two long necks most days so let's call it 500L personal consumption for 2017. By my calculations that leaves about 650 bottles not drunk by me.

On a completely different topic, I made a lot a friends this year [emoji56]

~3000L last year, won’t be anywhere near that this year as we are knocking the house down which means no brewing for 6-9 months :(

~3000L last year, won’t be anywhere near that this year as we are knocking the house down which means no brewing for 6-9 months :(
Sounds like you'll only have 1,000L of brew to get you through the year!

552L, which averages to just under 1 23L batch per fortnight. My New Years resolution is to brew 1 batch a week average, so hopefully double the production, brew more styles and consistently produce the house beers

864 litres. (Batch size volume) System = 40l maximum brew batch size. I haven't done the math on the consumed product volume probably 80 % net? That would have to be a PB for me. Also how much given away/consumed by others with positive response was a PB. :cool:
I must add (in case my health insurance is watching :eek:) That my brews are getting longer time turnovers. I cant get around to brewing for a while yet but 5 of those 2017 brews will last me until February by the looks of it. The cider maybe years. That is really cool actually because doing mostly 40lt = 2 keg brews the second keg is always the best after conditioning at ambient for a while. Brewing hard neer end of year was successful to plan.
I am impressed with aging/conditioning longer if possible. As long as its a good beer when new to start with etc.
$0.02

Back