How Much Did You Brew In 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grott

Beer Embalmer
Reaction score
Its that time of the year, get your data out and let’s see what pigs err brewers we were in 2017.

I brewed 1219 litres of which 122 litres sit in kegs. Does that mean 1097 litres consumed by???? last year, 21 litres per week, 3 litres per day! Hmm not bad, I think.

Haha not bad at all, I moved to all grain in 2017 and managed roughly 200 litres over 4 brews. I think I need to lift my game.

I brewed approx 680 litres in 2017 over 34 brews.

Haha not bad at all, I moved to all grain in 2017 and managed roughly 200 litres over 4 brews. I think I need to lift my game.

Doing all grain can be time consuming and the thought can put back the enthusiasm to start the process. Depending upon your tastes and styles you could mix all grain and kit with simply modifications (malts, hops, yeast) to keep your home supplies up.

1230L over 2 brews for commercial release, 0L brewing at home. Working on the home setup this week while on break from work.

brewed about 240 litres ..dumped one brew after tasting was rye beer and hit with a bit to much chocolate tasted like a cardboard box

Brewed my first batch end of August, since then done 16 brews. None to a recipe or towards a particular type. All extract + specialty grains + various hops and all with Frementis lager yeasts; None gone bad and only one batch wasn't to my liking... Plans ahead: BIAB :)

Yeah I had to tip one down the drain after I decided to overshoot the mash temp, turned out great on second attempt though, my brewing has slowed a little since October when my daughter came into the world with a vengeance, I’ll be back at it very soon.

200L over 10 brews. All grain. All gone!

Camping last week cleaned me out. Must get something going...

I haven't the foggiest, I don't track such things. If Beersmith kept a count of the number of times I'd started the Boil Timer on the app though.. that'd be a reliable batch count.
On average I brew a double batch per fortnight so I'm gonna go with 52 kegs = 988L.

Snuck in a cheeky 28L Pale Ale, 3 days ago! Taking the total to 200L @ 9 batches for 2017.

Great having a mill and grains ready to go. For 2018, like to learn about freezing yeast and have myself a nice catalogue. :)

I’m only a lightweight compared to most. Total for the year, 280 litres.
Thoroughly enjoyed my efforts.
All the best everyone for the new year.
Regards
Chris

I haven't the foggiest, I don't track such things. If Beersmith kept a count of the number of times I'd started the Boil Timer on the app though.. that'd be a reliable batch count.
On average I brew a double batch per fortnight so I'm gonna go with 52 kegs = 988L.

I just re save each recipe every time it is used and add a sequence number. Don't forget to change the date, otherwise Beersmith defaults to the date of the previous iteration. To avoid clutter, I have folders for recipes so I can archive them once gone.

It's a good idea LC.. and practically a necessity if you brew the same recipe repeatedly and want to collect data for each iteration.

But I'm a lazy shit and don't do that. There's a new years resolution if I've ever made one.

624 Litres, not counting some brewed at work - a bit of an ordinary effort TBH.

183 litres on my own system, however if you include the collaboration brew and case swap I was a major brewer at, then it jumps to a whopping 1623litres approximately.

Its that time of the year, get your data out and let’s see what pigs err brewers we were in 2017.

I brewed 1219 litres of which 122 litres sit in kegs. Does that mean 1097 litres consumed by???? last year, 21 litres per week, 3 litres per day! Hmm not bad, I think.

You are a machine!!!

Somewhere between 25-35 22l batches... Hardly seems like enough. Luckily I've just upgraded to a bigger kettle!

Back