How Much Beer To You Drink

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your avg daily beer consumption rate?

• Less that 500ml a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500ml-1litre a day

• 1-2 litres a day

• More that 2 litres a day

• I only drink on the weekends

• They call me a fish

• Enough so there are bottles to bottle the next brew

• Enough so there is an empty keg for the next brew

• Total voters

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I probably average around a litre a day during the week then when the weekend comes and the footy is on a few extras.

What about you guys?

Cheers,
Doc

I don't want to talk about it :ph34r:

I don't have a problem no matter what the social worker says!

But seriously folks, probably only a few during the working week and quite a few on the weekends, depebing upon what's on.

Trev

i drink 1 to 2 stubbies a day in winter and in sumer i have about 2-4 stubbies a day but im cutting down do to me putting on weight so im on a diet but still can drink my beer

Maybe a stubbie every second night. This homebrewing habbit's causing me to drink more :)

Jazman said:
i drink 1 to 2 stubbies a day in winter and in sumer i have about 2-4 stubbies a day but im cutting down do to me putting on weight so im on a diet but still can drink my beer
Jazman

Why dont you brew light alcohol beers...then you dont have to cut down on the amount you drink.

i havent got a drinking problem.i drink until i fall down.no problem.

seriously though -heaps- as its always summer up here and its a never ending thirst.plus having a keg setup i have no idea of how much i consume.the missus doesnt either until i reach that certain point of happiness.i dont want to walk to the keg all the time so i now pour into pint glasses.ahhh its a hard life

cheers

big d B)

About a longneck a night, occasionally 2. More on weekends or when the Knights are playing... :chug:

Gough

The same for me... maybe a "tallie" a night ..and a few extras on the weekend...Or when the Dragons are frustrating the living sh.it out of me!!!!!(bugger Joey and the Knights) :angry:

Sun-Thurs nite, 1-2, sometimes 3 pints an evening.

Fri-Sat night, well, that doesnt count ;) Depends on whats on though. A lot of my friends have 21st's on at the moment so lately far too much.

I average about a tallie a night,
any more than that and shmbo
starts to nag about my excessive drinking.

I can't blame her to much, her father is a recoverying
alcholic, so she has pretty negative views about alchol

When I think about it and average it out, during the week I would be lucky to drink more than one middie sized glass a night - particularly with this weather. I used to live in Darwin, so I know exactly where big d is coming from regarding the constant summer. The NT is where god lives during winter. Of course satan seems to move in about late October ... :p

With all the beer I brew, and my seemingly mild consumption levels, its a good thing I have lots of relatives ... B)

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

C'mon Linz, your Dragons went alright on Friday. Joey was just having a big week. He does have a lot of big weeks though :p Still, would've given you an excuse to drown your sorrows in more homebrew I guess!! Can't be all bad...

Gough.

There's coronary heart disease in my family (my father, his father and his father) so I see my GP from time to time about cholesterol etc. He told me ciggies, diet and exercise were the obvious lifestyle factors.

He also said to decrease your chances of heart attack and to increase your chances of surviving one, you could increase your consumption of olive oil and tea (at least two cuppas a day) and have a small drink of alcohol each night. He said no more than two standard drinks. It's great news because I love olive oil, tea and beer.

It's apparently linked to antioxidants in wine and beer but also to the fact that if you have a drink or two, you are more likely to be relaxed, lower blood pressure... Of course these factors go into reverse beyond a couple of drinks.

I try to keep it to two stubs a night but don't always stick to that and regularly break it on weekends. Occasionally drink red wine. Occasionally have a night off.

Occasionally. :ph34r:

I viewed the poll first and now cannot vote

500ml to 1000ml per day

Its 2-3 stubbies during the week for me except when I'm on call and then its just the one. The weekend doesn't count and depends on whats going on, if there's Rugby as in this weekend it will be quite a few.

Go the Poms :p

Ken

Why dont you brew light alcohol beers...then you dont have to cut down on the amount you drink

I dont like low alcohol they taster thin if i wanted to to a low cal i would use a dry enzime and make a dry beer.

anyway its that im eating to much carbahydrates and my family has a history of diabeteies and i am not to big and me old man had heart trouble.

if i want to i still drink more on week ends just in summer two stubbies dont touch the sides after working a stinking hot factory and when i have to weld or stand over a fire pot to soft solder.

Jazman,

I am trying to live a low carb lifestyle...you can loose alot of weight and inches round the middle on these.

However, lately i have got back onto carbs.
Once my relies have left i will go back onto min Carbs for a couple of weeks and then edge back in until i can find my ideal carb intake that doesn't allow me to put weight on.

Mind you, drinking a beer or two a night doesn't quite help much...

I probably average about a tallie every second night on weekdays, then around 3-6 tallies on the weekend, depending what's on. Definitely above the recommended intake, but I get a lot of exercise (ride to work every day) so maybe it balances out?

- Snow

ive got the ideal weight loss regime for those of you that are interested and you can still consume as much beer as you can handle. :chug:
move to the n.t or there abouts during the build up to the wet.its so humid its pretty impossible to gain weight unless you reside permanently indoors with an air con set at 20 degrees. :rolleyes:
just a thought :p

cheers
big d

Back