How much beer have you brewed this year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while ago I came across a gentleman who was enjoying a glass of wine in the park.

It was before midday: a touch early, I thought, but each to his own. The fact that is was a middy of sweet sherry? Well he seemed to be enjoying it.

I haven't worked out how much I've brewed, but it would be 500 ish at a guess.

It seems many of us would struggle if the Government ever brought in a law similar to the home brewing law in Germany, where you are only allowed to brew 200 litres a year.

That'd be unAstrayan.

spog said:
Holy snappin duckshit!
What the F do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time I go fishing and have a few middies.

Around 700lts? That's calculated on running two fermenters at a time and brewing close to non-stop... which I'm pretty sure I've done this year.

And considering how little I have beer I have left by the time the next twin batch is ready to drink - it's a little worrying :unsure:

Black Devil Dog said:

It seems many of us would struggle if the Government ever brought in a law similar to the home brewing law in Germany, where you are only allowed to brew 200 litres a year.

That'd be unAstrayan.
There's a few sources around that say when Whitlam made homebrewing legal, the limit was 1100L, but I can't find anything in current legislation that says that

Currently at 620L with a heap of full cubes. I can't see me brewing too much more this year except a few batches for bottles to age. I need to start planning what will be on tap Xmas day.

Nowhere near as much as I'd have liked. The new build has blown out by several months. I'd guess somewhere around 1000L this year. Next year will likely be triple that, I have thirsty friends.

Looking at my brew files I've only done 7 brews this year - starting my 8th this morning. Can't say in litres as some might be double batches.

Very lazy, but with lots of my stuff breaking from wear and tear, it's getting to that point in a hobby where I'm starting to lose the passion.
However, Summer is too damn close, and it's time for the seasonal favourite, Tony's Bullshead Summer Saison.

idzy said:
Been a quiet year... similar to JDW81, been working on house stuff.

6 brews in total. 3x60 litres on the 4v and 2x500 and 1x150 on the big system so 1330 in all. Had a six month break, and trying to get back into it for summer.
For some reason I just find that hilarious - quiet year, 6 brews, 1330 litres

Did you ever put up a thread or pics of your bid system? Would love to see it

Jeez.... just counted through my batches and I'm only up to 300l so far.

Some of you blokes are unreal! Clearly I've got some ground to make up between now and new years!

Bang on 1000L ... (20 x 50L) ...So far...
Still have a few brews left in the year.

HardEight said:
Bang on 1000L ... (20 x 50L) ...So far...
Still have a few brews left in the year.
1000 litres holy snappin duckshit!
That's drinking 2.7 litres a day...fark once upon a time I could do that but not anymore.
Honestly some you Brewers have far too much time on your hands,do you have gardeners,cleaners ? Or have finely honed time management skills ?
1000 L ...farrrrk.

about 230L here, on the go slow have to watch my weight

couple more 23L batches between now and christmas

Black Devil Dog said:

That'd be unAstrayan.
That'd be unenforceable even in an orderly society like Germany. Who keeps count? Do you have to show i.d. and sign every time you buy malt?

I'm at about 280L. You brewers up in the 1000L range, I hope your friends help a lot with consumption. This is your liver speaking.

spog said:
1000 litres holy snappin duckshit!
That's drinking 2.7 litres a day...fark once upon a time I could do that but not anymore.
Honestly some you Brewers have far too much time on your hands,do you have gardeners,cleaners ? Or have finely honed time management skills ?
1000 L ...farrrrk.
yankinoz said:
You brewers up in the 1000L range, I hope your friends help a lot with consumption. This is your liver speaking.
I'm 40, have a good job, family and a kid, do 100L brew days (2x50L ferment one, cube the other), drink on average a corny a week, and I love it!
Fully functional alcoholism I think they call it... I only drink beer, nothing else, and it's usually about 5%... and I don't eat junk... Drink Yourself Thin I say! lol

175 brews and counting....

My liver and I have a good relationship... :wub: and I have a large... garden, with hops... :drinks:

If my maths is right its about 900L, I brew no chill every week some times twice and now its summer time i can manage three fermentors at a time, one being a saison.

A beautiful hobby but only my first year with all grain so alot of experimenting and novelty going on.

I remember the days when buying two boxes for $75 was a good deal. Ha!

I'm up to 425L including the brew that I'm brewing today which is my 18th batch for the year. There will be 3 or 4 more brewed before the end of the year but they probably won't be fermented by then.

Latest posts

Back