How much beer do you drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Lucky to be 4 or 5 pints over the course of a weekend lately. Just cant get into the grove. Bring on summer.
Plus my heroin habit tends to be a bit of a distraction.
I feel ur pain, brother. The compulsive masturbation gets in the way of holding a drink steady here. Drug habit/love habit. Been mentioned elsewhere.

It's still better than the other sex addiction I used to cultivate, except when they had a flat head to rest the beer on.
Is anyone really reading this?

wide eyed and legless said:
Still wearing your Wonder Woman outfit then?
You mean like, right this second?

Well..um...no. Of course not..

Two or three AFD's per week depending on where I work and stay. the other 4 or 5 nights I'll have about 2L and on weekends if I dont have to drive, it'll be 3L.
Bit too much I guess. I enjoy it though and dont have a problem NOT having a drink.

I only drink a reasonable quantity of beer on days ending in ay the other ones don't count in my opinion

I normally taper down on Monday and have only 1 or 2 beers, then have a couple of AFD's then get back into it.

Thursday to Sunday is normally around 6 stubbies worth.

I don't think this is excessive. You will go to a lot of funerals caused by a lot of things before you go to someone's funeral caused by beer consumption.

I will most likely drink 2 -3 pots a night only because I have 3 kegs and no else to share it with .

Around 3 a day normally, some days I won't drink other days I will have 7 or 8 though. Averaged over a week maybe 4 or 5 sixpacks.... certainly a lot more than the pre brewing days.

Dave70 said:
Lucky to be 4 or 5 pints over the course of a weekend lately. Just cant get into the grove. Bring on summer.
Plus my heroin habit tends to be a bit of a distraction.
Feel your pain..

Cocain is so bloody expensive now...

I have been drinking more since I started brewing and when the beer got good it certainly increased some what. Truth is before I brewed I couldn't have given a rats ass about beer, now I am in heaven...hop heaven that is :icon_drool2:

The usual week will be a couple of schooners a night or even just a couple of 250ml glasses, nights like tonight when the bride is out I have been through about 5. the weekends are decent with at least 4-5 on friday, sat and sunday...when it warms up that will be sure to increase....good reason to have some session IPA's on tap.

Now that i think about it...i make 20lts every fortnight = 520lts of beer = 10Lts per week which averages 1.42Lts per day

approx 3.5 schooners per day.....oh dear I love beer!

Pratty1 said:
Truth is before I brewed I couldn't have given a rats ass about beer, now I am in heaven...hop heaven that is :icon_drool2:
I wouldn't go that far but before I started brewing I definitely drank more wine than beer. Beer was my poker night and pub drink; wine was what I drank at home or out for dinner - heavy reds and dry whites.

But now I could count the glasses of wine I have drunk since I started brewing on my fingers!

I drink enough not to care and just enough not to remember something about the thing with the thing

My girlfriend thinks I didn't too much, but after reading most of this, I'm not even close to being up to par. I have a few AFD per week and then when I do drink, I reckon I drink 1 stubby with maybe three on Saturday and one on Sunday.

I also seem to drink less now I brew my own mostly because supply doesn't keep up with demand, but also because I savour my own more than the mega swill.

6-7 bitterly chilled beverages of a mildly intoxicating nature on a Frid & Sat night when I don't have to get up early the next day..

Nothing for two weeks when I'm on site. Then as much as I damn well feel like when I'm home for a week. Ranges from nothing to half a keg (or equivalent of commercial) per day.

Been pretty slow drinking for a while. I'll drink 3-5 nights a week having 1-3 pints and not usually consuming any more on the weekends.

When I was doing an unpaid internship a year ago and working a 6th day trying to get some sort of income the only thing that I wanted was a few beers at the end of the day. I bought a playstation to slow the weekday drinking. Looking back I was a miserable prick for that 6 months for a few reasons, basically I was working 6 days with almost no income once travel expenses were factored in there. I'm nearly as busy now but I'm much happier and have a healthier and more varied lifestyle

Back