How Much Beer Do You Drink A Week?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEERBOY

Reaction score
A question for all.
Because everyone who i have told that i homebrew seems to think that i am some type of out of control drinking machine.
Anyway boys, HOW MUCH DO YOU CONSUME IN A WEEK?

I would say on average I would drink 10-15 UK pints a week (because that is my glass size :D ) of my own beer. I would maybe have 5-8 stubbies of commercial beer whilst playing bowls on Thursday nights or out of the work drinks fridge which is open at 5pm every night, is always stacked and is free.
I can tell you the average drinking amount for my 3 week holiday in the "Ol' Dart" over Xmas was roughly 30 pints a week :lol: . I love England!!!

C&B
TDA

BEERBOY said:
everyone who i have told that i homebrew seems to think that i am some type of out of control drinking machine.
Come on BB. "Everyone" is probably right.

I'm still starting out in this game so I've been forced to get through a carton a week. Just to build my bottle collection ;) .

well..
when iused buy a carton, it lasted friday to sunday.
now i have homebrew my girlfriend wonders why i cant stockpile. :rolleyes:
i dont drink AS much during the week..but my arms prety easliy twisted.
i would have a guess an average of 2 cartons a week.
sometimes i might just a 1 pint a day.

cheers
crackers

I was have'n a few pints a night...then it must have got close to 8 a night. being a alcho :) i thought i better cut down, so over 3 nights i went 1 pint, 1 pot, to nothing..... then 1 pint again. If i can stay with that i would be really happy!!!

just so happens the last 2 pints empty'd the keg so i have 4 empty kegs now. One with stout and one with porter, this should help keep the beer down, but i have 40Lt in secondrys ready to flow hehe and brewing as we speak so maybe my new life wont last long.... poor liver

It varys. I'll have anywhere from 1 to 3 stubbies a weeknight. Weekends it depends what I'm doing as to how much I drink, at least as much as weeknights and often a substantial amount more.

Anywhere from 15 - 25 pints a week :eek: I do have oncall for work sometimes so the liver gets a 1 week break in every 4.

Kegging has made it worse is something I can confirm, so easy to just pour a pint .... struggling to age my beer.

Well, true confessions time eh fellas ;)

I'd average about 2 longnecks a night across the week. Some weeknights less, but generally more on the weekends (who am I kidding, always more!), with the occasional glass of red thrown in for good measure. Does this make me a problem child... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :chug:

Shawn.

I hope SWMBO isn't reading this... :unsure:
At home around 10 English pints per week. At the rub-a-dub equivalent of 8 or 9. Depending on how big the Fri nite is.

Be Warned!! Consumption increases dramatically once you have a keg system installed. :blink:

Steve

Well....

I'd say an average of 2 pints a nite, some nights it maybe none but i make up for it ;)
Saturday night is the big consumer, each sat nite i generally have 8 pints worth of beer.

Cheers

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
I would maybe have 5-8 stubbies of commercial beer whilst playing bowls on Thursday nights or out of the work drinks fridge which is open at 5pm every night, is always stacked and is free.

Struth Arab, any vacancies at your place? I have the keys to our work fridge and it's well stocked. I know it's well stocked 'cos I stock it :D , but she ain't free. Maybe mate's rates, but not free. And really only opens once a fortnight :(

I try to lay down a new brew most weeks - about 2.5 cartons. And I never seem to manage too much of a stockpile, but I do get the odd bit of help to drink it.

Try to keep it to 2 longnecks a day, but the third is always a temptation. :blink:

you guys are in the little leauge :D
come up to the top end where the weather is warm to hot all year round and you can drink from sunup to way late in the evening.
i dont count but i know its way too much ;)
yep kegs are the go as the missus has no idea what you drink cause theres no empties lying around.

cheers
big d

big d said:
kegs are the go as the missus has no idea what you drink cause theres no empties lying around.
Don't the inebriated full one's lying about give the game away?
Always do with me. Keen eyed woman my missus!

:D
to pissed to notice wee stu.
i may be in trouble once i get this all grain brewing into full swing.
gotta keep the consumption up to have free space in the fermenter.
honest dear its the only way i can learn.

cheers
big d B)

I made a serious effort to lose weight after Christmas - gut hanging over belt - and cut back on beer. Each pint is a mars bar (more for stouts, less for pils etc.) so figure it out. I now keep it to a pint a night on weekdays and up to three a day on the weekend. I like the theory of one drink-free night a week but it doesn't happen often.

PS I lost 6kg in 3 weeks with good diet and walking to work. From fat gut to flat gut!

That's why I'm not ready for AG adventures, Big D.

Not big enough to face the consequences!! :ph34r:

I love you guys! You make me feel much better about the amount I drink - probably around 1 tallie per night on average. Of course if the Reds are playing at Ballymore, then that usually blows the average out of the water!

- Snow

Hi,

I would say i fall into the worst catagory...binge drinker, which means no drinking all week but on one night maybe 10 - 15 pints.

But we are not drinking commerical beer which would do us serious damage because of the chemicals.

I start the week with the best intensions of cutting back.
I start the week with small glasses (300ml) and will have 2-3.
By about mid week if there are still smaller glasses left I'll have maybe 3-4.
By Thursday it is on to the 500ml glasses and about 2.5 of those.
Weekends I lose count.

I have a stressful job alright :rolleyes:

Doc

Back