How many taps you sportin'?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctormcbrewdle

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading my series 4 kegerator and I'm having a hard time deciding how many taps to go for.. I'm thinking double it to six but really don't know if I should go a few more or if it's going to be total overkill.

Help a brother out, how many taps do you have at home and would you like more or less?

Cheers 🍻

I have a series x and convinced myself that 3 taps was enough. I now have the 4th keg hooked up to a gun. If you have the means of cooling and charging 6 kegs then do that. If you can do 4 then do that

I'm on a six at the moment in the keg fridge, could stretch to 8 if i did a little adjustment to the shelf holders in the fridge and then be up to eight. I should do it really but have been lazy. Just got a beer engine and cooling down over here to cellar temps so might hold off for a while. It's all choice really.

Cheers guys. As I pour my after work beers I'm just thinking, it's pretty common for me to tip half kegs and even sometimes fuller just to make room for the next brew that's ready so I can get another one underway so now thinking the 8 tap would be great. Considering I've probably tipped (15?) amount of half kegs over the past few years for no other reason but to make room I'm sure I'll use all of them no problems

I just added 1 more tap to my keezer so thats 3 , 2 for beer and 1 for seltzer. 4 kegs so i have 1 spare for rotation which is plenty for me.

6 taps for me and 6 pluto's in my fermentation fridge if needed, as Fro I keep a cider and soft drink on tap, never had all 12 going, 10 was the max, 8 would probably be ideal with 10 being a bit greedy, ideally a 5 keg fridge x 2 would be the go.

4 tap series x. But I always end up using a Pluto gun in the spare fridge for the fifth keg. Depends on how much variety you like. I like more than 4!

I just finished my first kegerator and went with 4. 4 different beers is a pretty good spread. A stout, dark ale, amber or pale and a standard larger. A sodastread if anyone wants some soda water or soft drink. There's no way they're taking a spot in my kegerator! haha!

6 taps consisting of 5 beer taps and a permanent soda water tap.
IMG_8244.jpgEOLM5625.JPG

Back