How Many Pumps Do I Need

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geeze @ $37.50 i might just add another pump to my brewery :D

interesting Nev. does it come with a power cord attached or do you have to wire one up?

edit: yeah just realised its DC. wtf? ok nev (or others) spell it out for us.
The pump has 2 leads coming out the back, I Recommend running these to a connector junction (choc block) as they are quite thin and wiring cable from any form of 12V source, its doesnt need to be a big power supply as they only draw 0.75 of a Amp.
An old wall adapter off of a 12v tool or whatever will do.
Nev

something like THIS would do it
yeah but that still requires you to split it open and wire it up yourself. and if you were going to use that could just use an old mobile phone charger and slice that up.

edit: beaten by nev about using any old 12V adaptor.

so nev you recon these are food grade and we arent risking infections (providing you hot rinse after like you would/should do with a marchpump?

yeah but that still requires you to split it open and wire it up yourself. and if you were going to use that could just use an old mobile phone charger and slice that up.
No need to split any thing, cut the cable end (plug) off the adapter and join it to the pump wires, easy. If you get polarity wrong it should just run in reverse.
Nev

No need to split any thing, cut the cable end (plug) off the adapter and join it to the pump wires, easy. If you get polarity wrong it should just run in reverse.
Nev
sorry nev, but split it apart i meant exactly what you described. poor choice of words on my behalf.

what about this..
so nev you recon these are food grade and we arent risking infections (providing you hot rinse after like you would/should do with a marchpump?

edit: beaten by nev about using any old 12V adaptor.

Yep same standard of sanitation applies. I personally, run sanitizer thru mine before transferring from fermenter to keg.
Nev

I just use the one pump works fine. I just pump from HLT to MT and MT to kettle, Sparging takes a little time as I fly sparge with a container draining it out of the HTL but I guess one them cheap brown pumps would be good for that at least it would only be touching water no wort. I then just drain the kettle with a sanitised hose. All fittings are just brass hose fittings so clip on and off easy and fast.

How are they for throttling back nev? do you just turn back the tap like the
Yep , I have a ball valve on the outlet and adjust flow that way. No problems. You can spin the head unit around (4 screws) to a suitable orientation to suit your rig.
Nev

I power mine off the first old 12V adapter I found in my box that has like 15 ac adapters in it.

Funny how everyone has box of these things I must have at least 5.But I dont throw away much.
Nev

I actually culled mine a year or so ago... never need this many adapters...

guess what ;)

This is a build I finished today, all timber is recycled. Pump BROWN .
Nev

brown_pump.jpeg

How strong is that horizontal outlet of the pump? Should that valve
be supported structurally?

How strong is that horizontal outlet of the pump? Should that valve
be supported structurally?
No the material is strong as, mind you belt it with a hammer may be different. The base which can separated from the pump (keyed slot)) will take the damage if any , so you still have a pump.
We havent managed to break one yet.
Nev

Latest posts

Back