How many litres did you brew - 2013?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pratt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I done some calc on my brew data and realized that this year i brewed just over 600 Litres of gods nectar :super:

How many litres did you make?

p.s. Im probably mild in comparison.

I'm only a new brewer this year but have managed to brew ~140L all grain since about July :chug:

hopefully pump out a few more batches before Xmas.

Only brewed 220L from 5 batches since June (wow I only brewed 5 times this year). Had a bunch of cubes left over from the previous year which I had fermented out too. Currently have 5 cubes waiting to be fermented which should get be through to February/March depending on shared consumption.

My 2013 so far:
- Got my system figures sorted this year (new pickup tube)
- Established 2 house beers (stout and dark ale) with a third pending on tasting (weizen)
- Tasted some great swap beers
- Used up all the little open bags of hops I had in a foreign extra stout (continually hacking into socks from 09 :blink: )
- Managed to get a few mega swillers over to the good stuff
- Joined a home brew club

Small brewing year but some good achievements there.

105L so far. Still got one in the fermenter that will be bottled this year though so that would get me up to 130ish

I brewed 9 beers and made 246l of beer. 1 cube hasn't been fermented yet but that will change this weekend.

I have refined my process this year and feel like I'm making consistently good beer. I have gotten into water chemistry and have started a proper yeast bank. It's been a good year on the brewing side for me.

Roundabout 400L for me. 13 batches, 4 of which were double lots.
Its great knowing that I gave away and shared a big portion of this with family, work mates and friends - the main reason for my brewing really.
The main brewing achievement was finally sorting out my serving fridge.
There are 4 taps to provide variety and choice for any guests at our place from now on! Loving it.

599l for me,have a few batches bottled and some cubed

Roughly 485l with probably another 60l to brew before the years out

275 litres

last one for the year in the fermenter

maybe one more ??

860, give or take. Some were 20L, some 23L. Tried to get them rolling one after the other and then bought in a couple of extra fermentors.

545 litres so far. Still another couple of double batches planned before New Years.

I'd rather not think about. (And would refuse to post it anyway, in case my doctor frequents this site).

I just try to ensure at least one tap keeps flowing.

completely inaccurate but some where around the 300L mark and more than half above the 6%abv due to lack of attention to detail and not making the effort to dial in the system. All the beer tasted good though just struggling to empty a keg of 6.5% ale to move new kegs in..... the kegarator up grade will be welcome. I'll be sure to chronical the build as I go ...... just one more pint, it's hard work but the keg won't empty itself.

I told myself last year that I would keep better records... as I do every year :D

next year, I will keep better records :ph34r:

~150L this year. Hopefully crank out a Hefe tmrw for an additional 23L. If you go back an extra 2 months (nov 2012) I've done 190L total in my entire brewing career, in 9 beers. Still got about 80L left, ready for the Xmas break!

Covered K&K, extract, partial, and AG (Biab). Big learning steps each time (though I didn't step straight into HERMS 3V like someone else recently!). Just started playing with yeast - a whole new learning curve. And the tastings from the July case swap has been an inspiration for next year's batches.

Onwards & upwards.
Fantastic hobby!

Only around 140L - both me and the father in law brew (and I live in the same house) so he's probably done around 100-160 as well.

I have another planned for Xmas/new years- just a quick APA probably in the next week!

Edit: IPhone and big fingers!

Latest posts

Back