How long is too long?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQuinny

Reaction score
I did search and I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere ...

I've got two brews going at the moment, an IPA that I put down last Friday (today is Thursday) and a cider I did on Saturday. Both are still peculating along nicely.

My problem is ... I go on leave tomorrow and may be away before the babies are finished. With the cooler weather, I'm guessing they'll be just over the normal week or so.

The cider, I'm not too much worried about, as I expect it will go a bit longer anyway - but the IPA has a hop bomb of more than a 100g of hops in it ...

Questions:

1: Am I right on the cider taking a bit longer than a week to run it's fermenting time ?

2: After hitting a FG, what effect will happen it I leave it in for a few more days for the IPA?

3: Should I remove the hop bag before I go?

4: If you have a dish washer, why do you have to wash everything before you fill the damn thing?

Thankyou,

Q

1 I don't know. Tully Apple-Bottom drinks all the zider in our house, it has rotted her brain and there is no way to understand what she says, she keeps drinking it so it must be OK it generally stays in the fermenter a couple of weeks.

2 If you leave it in the fermenter a week or two after fermentation it will clear more, some people put it in the fridge to help it clear.

3 I leave the hops in loose until I keg, seems to taste OK to me.

4 it's a conspiracy to do with the elites and new world order.

Latest posts

Back