How long for fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, bottling will save those annoying little co2 bulbs. Confirm this with the brains trust on here but I believe that the beverage will be carbonated as it is fermenting under pressure so you will need to account for this when priming your bottles. Do you have any gear like counter pressure fillers or bottling wands/gun?

I have a wand that came with the coopers diy beer kit not sure if it would fit in the beer machine. Other then that im pretty much expermanting with this

I had to rig something up with pvc tubing and hose clamps and they did have a genuine bottling system. I found the real headache was getting the cider out. I remember using bulbs to push it to the bottles but I am unsure if I tried opening the cap to allow gravity to do the job

I had trouble getting a sample so im hoping with psi now in there i can get samples and bottle.

Now that its been going its sitting about 12 psi how long till i bottle it? Its been 8 days nows and its still bubbling quite fast.

Sounds like it's still fermenting. I once had a turbo cider take 17 days to ferment. It wasn't a slow fermentation there's just a lot of sugar. The juice on its own will give you 4-5% abv

The safe way to check if the fermentation has actually finished is to take gravity readings. If at about expected terminal gravity for a few days then fermentation should be finished..

If you are going to take gravity readings then I would wait another 5 days take a sample, wait another 2 or 3 days and take another sample if the readings are the same go ahead and bottle. Keep in mind that you will have co2 in solution and temp differences to account for.

Personally I don't mess around much with samples. I take one for og at pitch time wait 14-21 days and keg and take a sample for fg

Hey guys so my bubbles have come almost to a stop in the airlock. So i took a sample to see were we are at. So the sample is now 1004 down from 1045. It looks like cider tastes like cider but have floaty brown bits in it would that be yeast?

I'm unsure of the floaties but it's probably to do with the yeast. I Kegged a beer a couple of days ago and there was brown flakes on the yeast cake. Not something that I have seen very often but not alarming. I think that it is krausen in my case.

It will drop out of suspension. You can speed it up if you are able to fit the beer machine into the fridge for a few days

I can fit it into thr fridge do if i do that woyld it be ready to bottle tomorrow?

Just checked it agian now that im home and it 1001 was very foamy but settled in a few seconds. Maybe its not quite done. Was very slow bubbles in airlock yesterday but was a little quicker today. Also no bubbles after getting the sample

Back