How long for another Melbourne Grain buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyrrus

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have been out of the brewing game for over a year doing a major overhaul of the system. I notice that we just missed a bulk buy from December. How long is it usually until another one comes along? We've got some grain but wondered whether to buy a sack retail to tide us through or just wait if it's not too long.

Thanks guys - and glad to be back!

Normally we wait 'til the first person asks this question then make them do it.

Thanks for volunteering!

[EDIT: typo]

Exactly what I was waiting for!

Keg King are usually only $5 or so more expensive per bag so I go there in between Bulk Buys if needed.

Hahaha nice one! I actually would consider organising a buy in the future.

I've been meaning to check out Keg King I'll grab a few from there. I noticed the last group buy was done from there rather than Grain and Grape. Is that the new hangout for the cool kids or just for something different for people on the east side?

The last Bulk Buy was at Grain & Grape. Was a fairly big one and all worked out well. Organising a buy is a lot of work and time consuming but it is rewarding when you give out the last bag of grain and everything matches up on the day.

Has been as low as $40 for JW Pils/Ale ... so $1.60/kg

$60 odd for Marris or equivalent

See the last melb bulk buy thread and price list is on page 3. This will give you an idea of what prices will be around. Obviously prices will change but wont be too far away from this. Grain variety will be slightly different as well.

I'd be keen for a couple of bags.
Cheers
Tom.

We have a bulk buy going on in Albury (which is border or NSW and Vic) at the moment.
Click on Bulk Buys and you should see the thread

bullsneck said:
Keg King are usually only $5 or so more expensive per bag so I go there in between Bulk Buys if needed.
And Core Brewing Concepts are only $3.00 per kg for ALL grains, including specialty.

So another BB in the mill??? Would be good to get one going!

tones0606 said:
We have a bulk buy going on in Albury (which is border or NSW and Vic) at the moment.
Click on Bulk Buys and you should see the thread
guys, if you wish you can jump on our BB, and I can get up to 20 bags down to Melb the week after we do the pickup. Just to keep a few of you going.

Damn I had hoped this had progressed. Im out of al now. Oh well down to keg king I guess.

I'll run it!

if Nibbo or Mants can PM me the protocol? / process...

Or maybe Wolfy can PM me with the KK deats?

IE: Who do I contact? etc....

ODG, what have I just posted... :ph34r:

Cocko said:
I'll run it!

if Nibbo or Mants can PM me the protocol? / process...

Or maybe Wolfy can PM me with the KK deats?

IE: Who do I contact? etc....

ODG, what have I just posted... :ph34r:
jeez cocko I knew u werr nuts but geez

Back