How Long Does A Starter Take To Start?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it taste like cloves with a little bit of tartness? WLP530 is what you want for Leffe Blonde.

I've never has a belgian wit that tasted sour ... are you confident in using that term to describe the taste? Sour to me is biting into a lemon - never had that from a beer, nor would I want to.

No, I think you're right it's tartness I reckon I'm tasting.

Cheers

Do you mean 90g of DME in 1L or 900g? If you meant 900g then the SG of the wort will be about 10x too high. The usual given ratio is 100g of DME/1L to give you about 1.040.

Do you mean 90g of DME in 1L or 900g? If you meant 900g then the SG of the wort will be about 10x too high. The usual given ratio is 100g of DME/1L to give you about 1.040.

Sorry, my mistake. I used 90 grams.

Cheers

I find unhopped oxidized dme wort can have a tartness to it which is different to the acidic tartness you get from infections

I think it's a perception thing.

HI There,

I hope this post isn't seen as off-topic.

I'm experimenting with liquid yeast again.

Smacked a pack of 2124 Bohemian Lager on Tuesday, dated 16 Feb 2012, and split into four, pitched into 1 litre of 2nd runnings of the Bock wort I made on Sunday. Unfortunately I don't have a hydrometer to measure gravity. only a refractometer. The wort seems to get cloudy when on the stir plate, and it starts to clear up when I turn the stir plate off.

Has anyone had any experiences with particular yeast strain? Am I just being too impatient?

Cheers,
Jase

IMAG0073.jpg

Latest posts

Back