How Long Does A Keg Last You?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

Reaction score
Just wondering how long it takes for you to consume a keg?

I usually get up to 3 weeks from one (19L)

Just wondering how long it takes for you to consume a keg?

I usually get up to 3 weeks from one (19L)

A 19 litre keg hold 19000ml I drink 1800ml per night that equates to 10.5 days and i have two kegs so they lasts me 21 days if people visit it lasts less especially if Franko comes around .

Pumpy :)

If Im really really lucky 2-3 days max but usually a day and a half.

The life of the keg is inversely proportional to the quality of the beer. Once I realise how good it is, I scrooge it! To be mentioned only in the "cone of Silence".

I'm with Screwtop on that one, if it's any good somehow my brother finds out, drives 2 and 1/2 hrs to spend the weekend with me and the keg is empty by the end of it.

Otherwise ~1.5 to 2 wks

hmmm...I must count....have two kegs at the same time on tap, one lasts for about 10 days, the other one for about 7 days, sometimes the other one lasts 10 days and the one lasts 7 days...hmmm... how much do I really drink?

No, just kidding ;)

It very much depends on the thirst of my wife. Im able to empty a keg within 7 days, if my wife helps me, then it takes only 4-5 days

Cheers :party:

Depends on how many other beers I have on tap at the time, but normal (nice) ones usually last 4 weeks or so, really nice ones go really fast (do they leak, I wonder?) and not so good experiments hang about for weeks and weeks....

Mine normally don't hit the 12 day mark before they've gone. Mind you, I think my brother-in-law pops around while I'm at work.

i'm new to kegging and have only had one on so far and that lasted a day,
i went to pour a pint the second day and it blew dry i couldnt believe it!

upwards of a month for me...such a lightweight :)

A couple of hours if a bunch of drunken mates turn up and like whats on tap - weeks and weeks if its a experiment that sux :(

depends on the quality of the beer.

I have a crap batch keg sitting in the fridge at the moment which I was hoping might develop character over time. 4 months later and I still can't bear to drink it :eek:

Generally if the beer is fantastic, it will last about 2 to 3 weeks for me. If friends come around it will be lucky to last 1 week.

Back