How long can you leave in the fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys I fermented a mangrove jacks blonde on the 1 august and didn't get a chance to bottle it till the 26 of August due to moving hose ect. It smelled and tasted great. Will it still go alright

As manticle said.

"due to moving hose" - Must have been a bloody big hose. :D (we know you meant house, just got in first)

Bear with me here lads ... a newbie to home brewing. I have a batch of Morgans Canadian Light in the fermenter that's been there for 16 days, but I can't bottle for another 5 days or so.
Long story short, I don't have access to enough clean water to sterilise the bottles as the tanks have run dry and been filled with clear but sus creek water, which will be sterilised in a few days time. Hence it will be in the fermenter for about 3 weeks or so. From the above comments am I correct to assume this should not be a problem?

If the bottles are clean, but not sterile, wrap some alfoil round the lid and then bake them. Put them in the oven when it's cold and heat it to 170. Once it gets there hold it for 1 hr. bottles stay sterile indefinitely if the top is covered securely.

Info taken from How To Brew: Everything you need to know

If the bottles are clean, but not sterile, wrap some alfoil round the lid and then bake them. Put them in the oven when it's cold and heat it to 170. Once it gets there hold it for 1 hr. bottles stay sterile indefinitely if the top is covered securely.

Info taken from How To Brew: Everything you need to know
Thanks for the info. In this instance they were plastic "Coke" bottles. Which brings me to another issue .... How many times can you reuse them??

Latest posts

Back