How long bottle - Pale Ale - US-05 at 16c

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standard answer is 3 weeks. But to be honest, since I have been doing all grain, I've found that even after 4 days there can be
reasonable low carbonated beer to test. I drink them at all ages, it's a good education on how the beer develops. Though Ive never served to anyone else before 2 weeks and I'd decided it was done.

Two weeks minimum in my opinion; one for carbonation and another for ripening / flavors to even out.
Stronger & darker beers will generally take a bit longer to reach their prime.
Tasting each batch at 2, 4, 6, 8 & 12 weeks since bottling is a great way to see how the flavors develop and change over time - one of the best parts of brewing!

Two weeks minimum in my opinion; one for carbonation and another for ripening / flavors to even out.
Stronger & darker beers will generally take a bit longer to reach their prime.
Tasting each batch at 2, 4, 6, 8 & 12 weeks since bottling is a great way to see how the flavors develop and change over time - one of the best parts of brewing!
+1

Also, get another brew down ASAP. Novice brewers get stuck in too early and find the beer tastes the best when there’s only a few left. Having a bit of variety helps to curb this.

As Luxo_Aussie said, different styles, different time lengths. Hop bombs you want fresh, big stouts etc can be years. Just had a RIS I brewed 18 months ago and it was delicious.

Latest posts

Back