How full do you fill your bottles?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, Coopers had an issue with their packaging line at some point a while ago and every 6th bottle was filled to the brim.

They had to do some tests to make sure the batches could still go to market and the result was that the carbonation was exactly the same.. (Info from Paul Burge at Coopers)

probably was a messy stubbie to open though. From what I remember, they sent them out.

Pixiedust said:
Thus far I have been filling mine to the bottom of Mr Fourexs' chest. Can I put more in there? I have been worried about bottle bombs, but now I understand its more about keeping everything clean instead of head space.
Way back before dinasaurs roamed the earth I would fill to the top of Paddy's (Fitzgerald) head after adding sugar.
Then came enlightenment with the discovery of bulk priming & the purchase of a bottling wand. :super:
Thankfully I now keg & only bottle with a CPBF if I need to but heartedly agree with bum's post 3 reply.

I find it hard to believe that filling your homebrew bottles to the brim after priming will result in anything but disaster.

DU99 said:

Revelation. I always put my want into the tap and sit on a stool in front. Maybe I'll try a hose next time....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back