Quantcast

How do you view the website?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

What Bookmark Do You Use?

• Do you Bookmark the [URL=http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?act=portal]Portal[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you Bookmark the [URL=http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?act=idx]Forums[/URL]

• Other

• Total voters

dane

Reaction score
I just want to get a feel of how people visit & use the site and to see if the main page is being used the way it was designed for :p

The preferred way would be to Bookmark the Portal. By using the Portal instead of the forums directly, can see any new updates from me on the main section of the website, while still being able to get a run down of the last 15 threads that have been replied to or started. The news sections allows you guys to give feedback and ultimately let the site grow how you want it to :D

If you selected 'other' please specify.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
I bookmark the forum. It's not necessarily the case that there'd be something new on the portal page each time I check the site.

Would it be feasible to add something to the main forum page to indicate if there's anything new on the portal page? I'm thinking of either something static with a date, or something that links to login profile (like the way the forum page highlights new threads).

This way I could bookmark the forum pages directly and still maintain awareness of portal updates.

cheers
reg

dane

Reaction score
RegBadgery said:
I bookmark the forum. It's not necessarily the case that there'd be something new on the portal page each time I check the site.

Would it be feasible to add something to the main forum page to indicate if there's anything new on the portal page? I'm thinking of either something static with a date, or something that links to login profile (like the way the forum page highlights new threads).

This way I could bookmark the forum pages directly and still maintain awareness of portal updates.

cheers
reg
The portal NEWS is simply parsed straight from the News & Updates section in The Brew House. I am the only one that has permissions to post in there so anything I post in there is ported straight to the front of the portal.

I will see how other people use it, just curious to see what the best way to get news out to you guys (as well as making sure you guys know what is happening and what is in the pipeline - also allows you to give me feedback on any changes).

Personally I like the Latest Threads box, cause I can see straight away what threads are been discussed and are new - maybe I could put a similar section at the top of the forums for people that dont use the portal as their main page. I'll wait and see how the results of this poll go :)

RegBadgery

Reaction score
Well in that case maybe there's no need for the change I suggested (since I'll see from the forum page if there's anything new on the "News and updates" forum).

cheers
reg

Latest posts