How Do You Pronounce It?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallertau has always been a word I've wondered about howto say. Especially since there's a footballer now.

The chemist in me cringes at the thought of calling it a-settle or a-see-tile! :( die Ass-set-Isle (ass pronounced as in 'mass') for me please. :beer:

Iam with ya mcwb, the ass part is as in mass...'die Ass-set-Isle ' that pretty much how it comes out my drunken mouth.

Communication breakdown
Jayse

Or more commonly as you would pronounce the 'acetyl' in oxy-acetylene gas but with a 'di' in front?

Borret

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
OK then what about diacetyl ?
[post="84004"][/post]​

Easy - as you taste it, butterscotch :p

Busboy said:
Bloody Germans, why can't they speak English?
[post="84045"][/post]​
Hi folks,
yes Im a bloody German and I think that the current problem is, You cannot speak german :p

...but You may try and try and try, after a few (german) beers, You will see, its getting more smooth, Your mouth will move automatically, especially women cant stop talking anymore
lachen.gif

Cheers :party:

Borret said:
Or more commonly as you would pronounce the 'acetyl' in oxy-acetylene gas but with a 'di' in front?

Borret
[post="84028"][/post]​
Nah, this has the accent on the 2nd syllable rather than the first (a-settle-ene, rather than ass-set-tile {'ass' as in 'mass'}). Another way of saying it (that my fiancee suggested) is like 'acetate', chop off the 'tate' and substitute 'tile'. :)

BEER :D

Easy to say ! :chug: Even Homer has it mastered

Batz

Latest posts

Back