How Do You Finish A Session?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdBeerLuke

Reaction score
I'm coming to the end of a good night of a wide variety of beers with a good bunch of friends and it's time to plan the end.
Normally I finish with something crisp and cleansing - recently it's been APA's - but a good crisp lager has been reliable in the past.
Recently though, I've found a session finishes better with a bigger beer.
Tonight I'm going out on a Schwarz then a Robust Porter, or the other way around, I can't decide.

Do you like to finish a session with any particular beer, or in any particular way (horizontal?)?

Cheers.
:beer:

Most of my sessions seem to get darker and stronger as they progress. ie. start with a pilsner or pale ale, and move onto bigger beers.

It would come as no surprise when I recommend a Belgian. The combination of higher dextrins fills the belly, and the high alcohol stimulated the brain (hopefully not the vomit reflex part of the brain).

Tonight it was a brisk walk to pick up a nice fresh greasy yiros.

And it was lamb not goat, Jaz.

on the floor mostly... :)

last night no exception....

cheers fnqbunyip :)

Good Day
The last one is nearly always dark and/or stong. Dunkel, schwarzbier, porter, stout, strong ale, bocks, dubbel, tripel etc.
Always start off lighter in colour and alcohol, helles, whest, BBQ lager, pils, bitter etc.
Moving back from big to small always disappoints for me.

my nights usually end with a bottle or 2 of water. mostly to try and stop the world spinning when I hit the bed.

If we're talking alcohol related either some rum or port.

the only respectable way i know. passed out so i dont remember any of the horrible things that tend to happen (so ive been told).

on the beer side of things, probably just keep going with what i had been drinking.
joe

After I have finished my carton of VeeB, I wash it down with a 5L gooner of Fruity Lexia!

rather dangerously, usually a bourbon. or 6. (Labrot & Graham is what I picked up duty free :) I never drink liquor otherwise.

Most of my sessions start well planned and become more predictable as they go on, the drunker I get the more I drink and the session usually ends with me face down in a pool of my own vomit swearing I am not going to drink that much again, then I do it all again the next time. :beerbang:

It's what beer is for! :super:

Brizbrew said:
Most of my sessions start well planned and become more predictable as they go on, the drunker I get the more I drink and the session usually ends with me face down in a pool of my own vomit swearing I am not going to drink that much again, then I do it all again the next time. :beerbang:

It's what beer is for! :super:
[post="88553"][/post]​

I think we'll have your swag out on the deck come the 3rd ;) ...

Back