How Do Breweries Weigh Fills?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any use check weighers on their conveyor line?

no scales used that i know of - a lot of Aussie breweries are using Filtec's. Volumetric flasks are used to validate the filtec's are working.

Or you could just do the old AIB filler and count any shortfill as quite normal really, dont know what your complaining about ... its meant to be 2cm difference in all of them ... we work on averages ...

Sorry, could not help myself ...

Scotty

No, I dont know any brewery anywhere that actually weighs filled bottles. Glass manufacturers calibrate their bottles at the design and manufacturing stage and mould in a fill level in mm. You can usually find this number around the bottom periphery of the bottle - something like the "52" on the Coopers bottle I am currently drinking. That number is the correct fill level in mm from the top of the bottle - in this case 52mm from the top.

Wes

This is one of the primary methods. Though, there are many in use. For the most part, all output must meet shown VOL standards. From what i'm aware nothing is set in stone, so long as it can be proven when tested by needed regulators.

...we fill ours to the rim and take EXACTLY one sip out of each bottle...

:lol:
Which is the way I would do it. And is exactly why I would not get a job in a brewery bottling line :icon_cheers:

Or you could just do the old AIB filler and count any shortfill as quite normal really, dont know what your complaining about ... its meant to be 2cm difference in all of them ... we work on averages ...

Sorry, could not help myself ...

Scotty

I would be really happy if our beers had neck labels...

I would be really happy if our beers had neck labels...

I'll just pick myself up off the floor with that one ...

With how Mr Hargie works, i think a sip from each bottle is fair enough!

Scotty

Back