How come you're on the AHB forum mid-morning?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How come you're on the AHB forum in working hours?

• I'm AT work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't work

• I'm between jobs

• I do shift work

• I'm taking a sickie

• I'm on holiday

• I'm a uni student

• I'm retired

• I'm practicing to be retired

• It's Melbourne Cup day!

• Total voters

evoo4u

Reaction score
Just noticed a very active AHB forum this morning (9am to midday), and this sparked my curiousity/nosiness as to how you have the time. B)

Me? Retired, but never been busier!!!

Me? working....shut up, dont judge me, reading reliability analysis reports on stuff I dont know about is boring ok :p

I'm a carer and I run a small business when I can get time out from caring duties. In between that there's the choice of daytime tv, Alan Jones, self mutilation or logging onto AHB...

yep been here since 3am (on and off) just what you do when sleep just ain't going to happen. I behaved though and a public holiday in Vic.

It's Melbourne Cup day, no workplace in Australia is productive today.
...except at the Melbourne Cup itself...
...and every TAB in the country...

my logic isn't very solid here

Dave70 said:
I'm my own supervisor.
Reminds me of that excellent and very funny after-dinner talk delivered by David Gunson about aircraft and air traffic control, where at one stage he worked out he was a self-employed public servant!

If you have a spare 50 minutes, and particularly if you have/had a background in aviation, have a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbUNzi58wM

I work at a desk and manage my own day.

Usually I mess about on the net while on conference calls.

It's a bit past mid morning here in W.A but I've been on and off throughout the morning.

My excuse - I've just started holidays, I'm researching my next recipe, and still being green to brewing (especially all-grain) there's just so much to learn and it's all so interesting. Been taking on board Tidal Pete's suggestion/assertion/f$#%n newbies/comment and using the search function to find answers and edumucate meself.
I wish I'd studied harder in science class now, maybe English too....

I work broken shifts so 3 or 4 hours from about 6am, then a few hours break, then back again in the arvo for another few hours. I live close by so rather than **** around at work doing nothing for 4 hours, I come home and log on here and do other brewing related activities that may need doing, mow the lawns, go to the shops...whatever.

LAGERFRENZY said:
I'm a carer and I run a small business when I can get time out from caring duties. In between that there's the choice of daytime tv, Alan Jones, self mutilation or logging onto AHB...
If only there was a way to get Alan Jones to self mutilate.

Does this poll just aply to Holliday for a Horse race day? then its the Cup Day choice of course.
Otherwise any other weekday I might check in at lunchtime in the car sometimes. Or If I get rained out of work.
Bunnings is open you know, and very busy. Oh, and its 15minutes until I find out if any of my 15 mystery bets pay off.

Back