How Beer Saved The World

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donburke

Reaction score
its playing on discovery hd tonight at 7:30pm,

tune in

For those without cable:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don, just set it to record.

cheers Ross

Just watched a 20 minutes of it. Big pinch of salt needed to make it palatable.

For those without cable:

don't choose the second youtube ad (....unless you really really want to) 1 1/2 hours of dribble

Last edited by a moderator:
don't choose the second youtube ad (....unless you really really want to) 1 1/2 hours of dribble

not a bad show, good to see stone & wood and 4 pines make it on a yankee doco

i've seen 'how beer saved the world' before.. what a load of shit..
yeh some of it might be true but my god what a shitty way to present it, its like a propoganda film
i had to turn it off after about 15 mins cos it was doing my head in

yeh some of it might be true but my god what a shitty way to present it, its like a propoganda film

I actually thought it was quite good.

I've looked up a few of the claims made on the show and they can be backed up by scientific evidence, e.g. Tetracycline being found in ancient African brew recipes.

I have a number of religious nutcase rellies who continually harass me regarding "the evils of beer". This gives me some evidence to fire back at them. Hopefully I will have a couple of home brews under the belt next time they have a go and won't be too concerned about causing offence to the nutters. They really shit me.

Ha ha, I obtained this show from EZTV a while back. Sat down with the wife for some light "Info-tainment". Yeah... well... the facts were interesting, but the American hyped style of presentation was quite disappointing. Everytime I tell my wife (ask very nicely) that I'm going to brew I just throw in the line that I'm helping to save the world... :lol:

...i'm in it and i still havent seen it...t'was recorded to be shown on Discovery Channel in the US during half time in the 2010 Superbowl...

edit..or 2011 Superbowl... was a while ago..

I have a number of religious nutcase rellies who continually harass me regarding "the evils of beer".

Just tell them they are not welcome in your house and you're not comfortable in theirs. Life is too short to waste on fuckwits.

Qantas had it running on their video on demand setup last month.
Started watching it but couldn't finish it.......
Loved seeing the Stone and Wood there though :)

I agree tones....... I'm honestly suprised they didn't call it "How AMERICA saved the world". Was interesting to watch. But, full of PRO-American Bullshit!

Caught this last night.

My 13 month old indicated that he found the presentation patronizing and the content cherry picked.

Given up watching docos on discovery
Cant stand : the big dramatic voiceovers, the over dramatized reinactments, every 5 minutes they repeat the story again just incase you are retarded, all the actors are good looking even if the real people were ugly fuckers,
Could go one, couldnt be arsed

every 5 minutes they repeat the story again just incase you are retarded

ROFL so true. I can't even watch a majority of television these days as it seems to pander too much to retards.

Back