How And What Would You Drink If You Couldn't Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_labb

Reaction score
I was thinking a week ago about what I would do if I wasn't able to brew. I've become accustomed to having a nice range of ales around as I bottle condition my efforts. The thought of having to buy things in cases and having to deal with high prices for some of the different styles I'd like to have around.

For me I'd imagine drinking more occassionally and spoiling myself with beers that I'd really enjoy. If I knew I was going to have to stop brewing I'd probably brew up a few big batches of things that age well and keep them for special occasions.

great reason to dry out i reckon. Did you see the, your a snob if you drink homebrew thread? what a load of dick. That shoddy water they call "real beer" is a load of shit as far as i can taste!

I'm not able to brew right now and I'm not drinking anything.

Take that, "Megaswill" thread!

If I were to stop brewing now I would freak!!
I have seen the light, good lord, so am now following it.

Whats wrong with a local product? Bundaberg make a good rum don't they..........
Bundy takes me back to the lake hotel in toowoomba as a younger person. I like a bundy here and there but I really enjoy a smooth Jamaican like Angostura or even Mount Gay.

Cheers

great reason to dry out i reckon. Did you see the, your a snob if you drink homebrew thread? what a load of dick. That shoddy water they call "real beer" is a load of shit as far as i can taste!

I saw that thread and it reminded me to post this one. I tend to agree with your sentiment, though I would probably drink a commercial beer now and again to have a beer with friends for the company as opposed to the enjoyment of the pisswater.

I would be pretty content drinking whisky. Some Irish wisky, a few blended scotch and some single malts would keep me content for longer than I should admit.

Bundy takes me back to the lake hotel in toowoomba as a younger person. I like a bundy here and there but I really enjoy a smooth Jamaican like Angostura or even Mount Gay.
Cheers

You should drop around for a shot of 15yo oak aged Tanduay mate :icon_cheers:

Havn't been able to brew for about a month now, too hot and too much pissing aroung to use ice blocks etc. Since brought a couple of fridges and temp controllers and have the lovely gloop gloop sound happening. Got a bit sick of the mega swill left by visitors and got a keg filled from the local Ubrewit, 100+ x better. Going to get another one to fill the gap and leave the cans for really really desperate times

What I drink when my beer isn't ready

Bacardi
Cider
Ginger Beer - John Hollows is good
Woodford Bourbon

I used to love JD and Single Malt Wisky but we're no longer friends.

Any Islay single malt. The peatier the better. :)

JD

Latest posts

Back