How About This Weather?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatherder

Fancyman of Cornwood
Reaction score
So, you're in a drought and it rains like buggery. Do you complain?

flood.jpg

This is my bottom paddock today. The red mark is the top of a structure about 5 feet off the ground. About 5 metres below this point (in a well) are my 2 pumps which may not work so good any more. I thought about complaining but I had a HB or three instead.

So, you're in a drought and it rains like buggery. Do you complain?

View attachment 13083

This is my bottom paddock today. The red mark is the top of a structure about 5 feet off the ground. About 5 metres below this point (in a well) are my 2 pumps which may not work so good any more. I thought about complaining but I had a HB or three instead.

Lucky you GH. I'm sure the pumps can be fixed when the water goes down, no worries.
As a matter of interest, I am on the beach on the Sunshine Coast & have had 266mm (by my rain gauge) in the last 25 days. Not sure of the Brisbane rainfall ATM, but last weekend I got in almost 3 weeks what the rainfall was in Brissy for the year. :super:

Just goes to show that all these showers (before the last few days when I got just under 67mm) can choose where they want to fall. Two klms up the road on Wednesday, an old biddie's garden was dry after getting past the mulch & a bit of the topsoil.

I'm happy! :p

:beer:

PS ------ Let's hope that those tugs can get out at Newcastle to avoid any more potential environmental disasters.

It is relentless in Sydney ATM. Heavy rain throughout most of the night and strong wind with gusts like a small Cat 1 at times. Surprised the power hasn't gone off.

Surprised the power hasn't gone off.

I woke this morning with no power - check the fuse box and it had been tripped.
Flick the switch still tripping, trundle downstairs to the garage to find about a foot of water.
Seems the keg fridge and/or fermenting fridge were the culprits - hope they survive. :(

Good luck guys ..

Duff I've been listening to ABC Newcastle since ysterday morning and it sends shivers down the back as you listen to people ringing up .. Just like listening to ABC in the north when we get a blow..

Hope all the Hunter guys are right..

:beer:

Latest posts

Back