Hot Water Issues.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
I have a 2 storey QLD'r and lately the hot water in the shower has been less than hot.
Unless someone turns a tap on somewhere else in the house, then it's scalding.
The laundry tap is hot as blazes, and the temp control knob on my electric water heater is turned all the way up, does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe your mains pressure got bumped up and the shower is first in circuit or something. What happens if you turn on just the hot water in the shower? That will rule the above out if it's still slow/low.

Lately my showers have been ALL hot water, no cold, and it's still not hot enough.

seems like the problem is somethign to do with pressure in the hot water side then... buildup of gunk?!

when you say, someone somewhere turns on the water, it starts a suck and you get scalded because actual hot water get to you. Dunno, guesswork, not a plumber either, so poor one at that.

is there one of those temp adjusters / mixers on a line near the hot tank or something ?

it might only feed the shower and someone has turned it ?

doubt it but worth a poke around

is it a flick mixer style tap in the shower or old school two tap system ? if it's a flick maybe the washers are screwed up inside it and need replacing / repair

Flick mixer.
Cartridge was replaced a few months ago, might look at the washers.

Latest posts

Back