Hot as blazes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
I'm in Sydney and it's hot here. I have family in the Hunter Valley and it's even hotter. How are people coping with the heat around the country? I'm almost thinking that I just may not brew this weekend if the heat keeps up.

cheers
reg

I'm in melbourne, and I generally don't brew until late March - April. It's simply too hot. The wet towel & fan trick hasn't worked too well for me, and I don't have a spare fridge.

I've brewed ales in the past in the middle of summer but the resulting beers were *way* too estery.

If only there was a yeast strain that fermented cleanly at 25-30C........

It was still 42oC at 7pm in Campbelltown today. topped out at 45 in Camden

Ha ha ha...you guys should move to Brisbane! Sub 30C temps all summer so far, except for three days earlier this month. With just a wet towel (no fan) I've kept my brews at 21-24 C! B)

I'm in Sydney too!
2 weeks ago I bought all the ingredients for a Little Creatures recipe. I haven't been game to put this brew down yet as the weather has been far less than suitable for ideal brewing conditions.
I'm hanging out for a cooler spell (The little creatures ingredients cost about $30) :angry:

You guys are complaining about the warm weather. I've just arrived back from Seattle, where everyone was complaining about the cold and wet weather.
However the outlook looks good for the next week or so. It had better because I'm just getting a starter going. Yes I have only got off the plane four hours ago, but priorities.
Also I need to get stocks up for Super 12 which starts in three weeks.

Beers,
Doc

Good idea, Doc - you'll need plenty of homebrew to dull the pain of the Reds flogging NSW yet again..... :p

Well, did manage to get a brew down last night.
All kegs will be full in a couple of weeks.
Not a NSW supporter though.
Go the Hurricances.

Doc

Latest posts

Back