Hops, Vitamin Content?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freezkat

Reaction score
Hops are loaded in vitamin C and several B vitamins (as are many flowers). Is there a study that tests one hop against another for it's wholesomeness? Do we get more vitamin content from long boils or short boils?

Beer as a chilled "Hop-Tea" so-to-speak, would be the common delivery system of these nutrients. What would be a more efficient system? Direct ingestion, infusion tea-ing, cooking with fats?

Did you know conifers are a great source of vitamin c? Funny, all the rickets we went through trying to make a home of this place.

Don't they always say that fresh veggies have more vitamins than cooked? (not sure if its a phalacy though)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if dry hopping in kegs was good for your health (if you drink in moderation).

Cooking the hops would destroy the vitamins.

Brew and drink for flavour, not vitamins! If I was deficient in vitamins, beer is not something I'd be looking to supplement my diet with.

Don't they always say that fresh veggies have more vitamins than cooked? (not sure if its a phalacy though)

:huh: I think you mean fallacy . I think... ;)

Cheers,
tallie

I wouldn't be at all surprised if dry hopping in kegs was good for your health (if you drink in moderation).

Cooking the hops would destroy the vitamins.

Carrots are loaded with Vitamin A. It is a lipid. So therefore cooking carrots with a fat will get you more nutrition than just eating them raw. The same carries for D-Vitamins in dark leafy greens and broccoli.

Drink the veggie water for certain. I wonder if the alcohol may release the lipids into solution as well as cooking with fats.

A raw cucumber definately more phalic than a cooked one.

The raw food movement is a bit off in its claims. Cooking / heating a lot of veggies makes nutrients more bioavailable.

The vitamin B helps with body hydration, helps ya not getting a nasty hangover

Droopy said:
The vitamin B helps with body hydration, helps ya not getting a nasty hangover
does it also help with erectile dysfunction ?

Back